Developing digital photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

sha0ye

Jul 14, 2005
why are the edges of my images cut off when i develop them into photos? does it have somthing to do with 3:2 ratio? isnt possible to prevent it from happening?

sha0ye said:
why are the edges of my images cut off when i develop them into photos? does it have somthing to do with 3:2 ratio? isnt possible to prevent it from happening?

If they are important shots where you used the full area of the pic, just crop it yourself using PS at 4:3 ratio, assuming you are printing 4R. If you are lazy to crop, just ask the printer to print full print, but that will leave you with 2 borders at the shots ends.

germ_boi said:
This question has popped out countless times.

There's a search func for a reason.

sha0ye is new member, dun think he/she knows that it was asked countless times.

I thought we could be nicer to newbies of CS. Might be better if can suggest the "search" in a nicer way.

Jus my thoughts

sha0ye said:
Tell the shop you want to "Fit-In". But if the image has a different aspect ratio from the print size, then you will get some white borders. For me, I prefer the white borders to having parts of the image cropped off..

I think basically is to have your images taken at 3:2 ratio. This way when developing 4R photos, the pics will not be cropped.

Check your camera specs...

If it's 3:2 ratio, ask the lab to print normal 4R (6" x 4")

If it's 4:3 ratio, ask them to print digital 4R (6" x 4.5")

Status
Not open for further replies.