Developing and scanning of slides

Status
Not open for further replies.

leadwe

Sep 18, 2003
East
Hi does anyone know a good place to develop and/or scan slides? The slides for scanning can be unmounted and uncut for lower cost.

I understand from Grace that it charges $8 for developing and $8 for scanning of uncut, unmounted slides. Anywhere else that is cheaper? TIA

I get my slides done at Ruby for $4.10 per roll, not too sure they offer scanning since I've never gotten my slides scanned before.

RGB promotion at $4/ 2rolls

not sure how much longer, drop by and ask them

RGB told me it's $6 plus for a roll yesterday. There was no mention of any promotion. Prob because I have only one roll to develop....

Thanks espn and maxim.

is that for scanning? if it is, its still a great price! i was told $10/roll about 2 months back. Do share the results of the scans!

AT

no, it is just for developing. I believe it's $5 plus or $6 plus. Can't remember....

espn said:
I get my slides done at Ruby for $4.10 per roll, not too sure they offer scanning since I've never gotten my slides scanned before.

Hey espn, $4.10/roll (processing of slides, unmounted?) is available to walk-in customers with only 1-2 rolls? What's the turnaround time?

leadwe said:
no, it is just for developing. I believe it's $5 plus or $6 plus. Can't remember....

leadwe, at RGB it's $5.25/roll (including GST) for unmounted slides (no push/pull or cross processing). Typical turnaround is 1 day, sometimes 1/2 day even :thumbsup:

Cheers!

hey just a question. If slides are unmounted, do they need a seperate adapter to be scanned? Or can they be scanned using a 35mm holder.
Got quite shocked at the price to scan slides(was charged $21 after being given a "discount" by the shop; original price was $42) and now reading this forum kinda feel cheated. :(

I had a minolta scanner before. If the slides are unmounted, then the same adaptor for 35mm negatives can be used to scan the slides as well. I really wonder why it is more expensive to scan slides. Unless of course the slides are mounted where a different adaptor is required and the slides are required to be slotted in one at each time.

Status
Not open for further replies.