Develop Slides to Movie Poster Size Photos?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinker

Dec 31, 2004
Don't Tell You...
Hi,
I'm gonna move into a new place soon. To dress up my bare walls, I'm thinking of developing some of my slides into movie poster size photos and having them mounted on the walls. My slides are all shot on a F90x with a 60mm lens on Fuji Velvia 50. My queries:-

1) Will these 'expanded' photos lose their sharpness? By how much? Estimated %?

2) Any photo shop place to recommend to develop them? I was thinking of the old 'RGB' where I develop all my slides. Any idea on costs?

3) Any 'framers' to recommend to get the photos framed up? I was thinking of getting them all glass frames, with the photo in between 2 glass pieces. Any idea on costs?

Any feedback will be much appreciated! Thanks!

it depends on the scanner sharpness too

then u can do ps to sharpen it urself too. should be quite sharp

how i might do it:

1. Estimate size of posters + frame to be mounted on walls, in relation to furniture, deco and proportion. With the printed size of poster determined, you will know the min. resolution you need from your scan.

2. Scan at the highest possible resolution. You can look for Kex who does it on an Imacon. I had a 35mm slide scanned yielding a file 8000 pixels on the long side.

2.1 Well, if 8000 pixels is somewhat overkill for you, Kex can scan at a lower res on his Imacon.

3. For printing, I guess there are various choices: the photo labs, large format inkjets at bras basah (and other places)

4. Framing: not too much experience with these.

Status
Not open for further replies.