Develop Size not right

Status
Not open for further replies.

lastboltnut

Mar 23, 2006
Where the wind blows...
Hi guys, I send a pic taken from my S3 IS yesterday and the shop told me that they need to crop some part of the pic or if I want full frame, then there will be white border on my 4R print. The file was directly from the camera and no PP was done....Why is my S3 IS file size not in standard aspect ratio? Or is this normal? Thanks!

the standard aspect ratio for digicams is 4:3 IIRC.. 4R is 2:3 so you either need to do your cropping yourself or ask them to print digital 4R, 4.5 x 6, which you can just use the uncropped image..

Oh, didn't know that the digicam aspect is 4:3... Thanks. Even DSLR has the same 4:3?

J-Chan said:
the standard aspect ratio for digicams is 4:3 IIRC.. 4R is 2:3 so you either need to do your cropping yourself or ask them to print digital 4R, 4.5 x 6, which you can just use the uncropped image..

lastboltnut said:
Oh, didn't know that the digicam aspect is 4:3... Thanks. Even DSLR has the same 4:3?
the only dSLR that I can think of in 4:3 ratio is from Olympus's four thirds system like the E-330.. other than that, dSLRs produce images in the 2:3 ratio..

Oic. Thanks.

J-Chan said:
the only dSLR that I can think of in 4:3 ratio is from Olympus's four thirds system like the E-330.. other than that, dSLRs produce images in the 2:3 ratio..

Status
Not open for further replies.