Develop Prints: 2 MP develop wat size?

Status
Not open for further replies.
you can print any R but generally you could get good quality prints probably up to 8R.

it's the same as asking how many "R" a neagtive can be printed (you could print any, just that quality degrades if you print too big).

This is not an expert ophinon but I think 2MP photos will not produce a good 8R size photo (A4)

Looking at the A4 sized prints at the various IT shows by Canon printers and Epson printers.

The A4 sized prints by 2MP cams like IXUS are more grainy than those by 4MP cams like S45.

I feel 2MP is good for only up to 5R max.

I personally would prefer a 4MP cam at least for 8R.

Originally posted by newuser
This is not an expert ophinon but I think 2MP photos will not produce a good 8R size photo (A4)

Looking at the A4 sized prints at the various IT shows by Canon printers and Epson printers.

The A4 sized prints by 2MP cams like IXUS are more grainy than those by 4MP cams like S45.

I feel 2MP is good for only up to 5R max.

I personally would prefer a 4MP cam at least for 8R.

I disagree. If you've done an interpolation to the 2MP file to increase the image to size 2400*3200 pixels before you send for printing, then I bet no one can tell the difference between 2MP and 4MP from 50cm away, BTW the larger size 2MP(With interpolation) picture may look better than the 4MP(Without Interploation) :bsmilie:

I have printed a number of 8x10 and 8x12 from my 3 year old Coolpix 950 (2mp) and the results have been good. It all depends on the quality of that image to begin with.

Regards
CK

Status
Not open for further replies.