Develop only part of the film?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sumball

Jul 8, 2003
Hi,

I would like to develop my own B&W film. I would like to ask if there is anyway to development only part of the film (say a few shots) instead of the whole load of 36 exposures?

Thanks.

sumball said:
Hi,

I would like to develop my own B&W film. I would like to ask if there is anyway to development only part of the film (say a few shots) instead of the whole load of 36 exposures?

Thanks.

cut the film away from the take-up spool of the camera in a darkrm or darkbag, and develop that portion

OIC... What if I have done with all 36 exposures? and the negative is in the canister? No way to do it ya? Only when the film is still in the camera then i can do so right? :think:

Thanks Mervin. :D

sumball said:
OIC... What if I have done with all 36 exposures? and the negative is in the canister? No way to do it ya? Only when the film is still in the camera then i can do so right? :think:

Thanks Mervin. :D

it's Mervyn

all 36 exposures in canister? a bit hard to judge leh.... if say you exposed about 15 frames, then pull out half, takes a bit of experience. i dont even do that myself.

before you do this, your camera's not those prewind type like EOS 300 right?

mervlam said:
it's Mervyn

all 36 exposures in canister? a bit hard to judge leh.... if say you exposed about 15 frames, then pull out half, takes a bit of experience. i dont even do that myself.

before you do this, your camera's not those prewind type like EOS 300 right?

Mine is rewind not prewind... Think this happen to Canonian only.

Alright. Will go explore it soon Mervyn... hehehehehe

why dont u by film in bulk, then spool it yourself...that way u only use what u need..thats what i do. there are alot of palces to get film in bulf

peace
the freakz
:kok:

Hi. There is actually an easier way. Put your camera with the roll shot halfway, scissors and developing tank with the reel in.

As per normal routine, put your hands in but instead of feeding the film into the reel, open the back of the camera where the film is and use the scissors to trim away the portion immediately to the right of your shutter curtain. (Be careful not to accidentally cut the shutter curtain. Reload the film back into your camera and remember to close it. :p

Proceed as per normal to load the film into the reels.

This method is kind of wasteful in a way if you're using an SLR with automatic frame advancing. You'll lose abt 1 to 2 frames.

Status
Not open for further replies.