Dettol handsoap refills - some help pls

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoelevy

Jan 9, 2008
Hi guys, personally i'm a fan of dettol cos i love the anti bacterial property (real or marketing gimmick nvm! :bsmilie:)

I just bought their handsoap dispensers recently and it occurred to me if i just throw the bottles away it would be quite a waste (cos they're small and finish pretty quickly) and with emphasis on environment, i'd prefer to get refill packs.
but...i can't find them! Tried carrefour, mustafa and ntuc nearby.

Has anyone seen the refill packs around?

got wat... dun tell me they discontinued it...

now also got the kirei kirei... lol...

there is this brand few years back quite famous, all of a sudden disappear... protex or something...

Retain the dispenser, and look up medical suppliers.

Look for Hibitane, Hibiscrub, or basically, any handwash with a 2-5% Chlorahexadine concentration. That's the stuff clinics and hospitals use and Chlorahexadine is a proven anti-septic/anti-bacterial that's safe for extarnal use and also in mouth-wash.

Don't look for packaged bottles, but ask for the BULK containers like 10 or 15 liters. It works out MUCH MUCH cheaper and more important - it's medically effective! If you want I don't mind sharing since the container is so huge.

there is this brand few years back quite famous, all of a sudden disappear... protex or something...

OT a bit, I'm quite sure Protex still exists, my mum just bought a bottle and it's by my kitchen sink at the moment! =p

Look for Hibitane, Hibiscrub, or basically, any handwash with a 2-5% Chlorahexadine concentration. That's the stuff clinics and hospitals use and Chlorahexadine is a proven anti-septic/anti-bacterial that's safe for extarnal use and also in mouth-wash.

Don't look for packaged bottles, but ask for the BULK containers like 10 or 15 liters. It works out MUCH MUCH cheaper and more important - it's medically effective! If you want I don't mind sharing since the container is so huge.

hibiscrub is very drying... but its a good handwash for clinical and surgical environment... not cheap too...

hibiscrub is very drying... but its a good handwash for clinical and surgical environment... not cheap too...

That's for a surgical op-site prep scrub with the Chlorahexadine at 5%.

Dilute it down to 1:3 or even 1:5 and you get a much milder, still effective everyday hand-wash. ;) You could even go all the way down to a 0.05% concentrate for general everyday hand-washing, but not sure if TS wants something stronger. ;)

So, in practical usage, see how much cheaper such a solution (in BULK, unbranded packaging) works out to be?!!! :bsmilie:

there were shops like sasa (not sure of shop names) in AMK area which sells quite a number of refill packs. I even got handsoap & bath soap refill packs from Watson's expo sale last year, so that is another good place to explore.

there's a cheaper brand.. with moisturizer.. same % of chlorohexadine... 40% of price.. doesnt smell as good as hibiscrub though..

lol kirei kirei's advertisement gets me laughing everytime.
where did you see the dettol refill packs ah? i asked carrefour they say don't sell wor. Mustafa was too crowded for me to see any service ppl.

Status
Not open for further replies.