Deteriorating Moral Ethics of Some Photographers

Status
Not open for further replies.

eAgles

Jun 17, 2005
Asia Southernmost Tip
Folks,

Went to Super Import Nights today. I thought I was in a good spot despite a heavy crowd around the model and was happily shooting away as the model continued to pose.

Then, at the spur of the moment, some "guy" popped out from nowhere and just jumped in front of me, blocking my entire view.

I am very sick by this kind of inconsiderate people with this kind of behaviour. It is not just me behind him but many others too. As a DSLR user, how could he possibly do sure a thing as to get a clear view just for himself and block the rest just to steal the entire view.

I am not sure whether I face the worst today but just wanted to voice out and share with the good people out there. I mean how can this be happening. Have you guys seen worst than this? Resorting to underhand means just to get a shot. ;( It just spoilt my day. Why can't everybody be more civilized! I think they cannot even spell "inconsiderate". This is like been "bullied". It is darn frustrating.

I hope I did not sound very strong about this but just want to share this so you folks can look out for this kind of inconsiderate shameless people. ;( I should have taken his face. :devil: I think we should post their faces in the forum.

Folks,

Went to Super Import Nights today. I thought I was in a good spot despite a heavy crowd around the model and was happily shooting away as the model continued to pose.

Then, at the spur of the moment, some "guy" popped out from nowhere and just jumped in front of me, blocking my entire view.

I am very sick by this kind of inconsiderate people with this kind of behaviour. It is not just me behind him but many others too. As a DSLR user, how could he possibly do sure a thing as to get a clear view just for himself and block the rest just to steal the entire view.

I am not sure whether I face the worst today but just wanted to voice out and share with the good people out there. I mean how can this be happening. Have you guys seen worst than this? Resorting to underhand means just to get a shot. ;( It just spoilt my day. Why can't everybody be more civilized! I think they cannot even spell "inconsiderate". This is like been "bullied". It is darn frustrating.

I hope I did not sound very strong about this but just want to share this so you folks can look out for this kind of inconsiderate shameless people. ;( I should have taken his face. :devil: I think we should post their faces in the forum.

Got the same treatment last year while taking fireworks

hum dee dum

what can you do?

in life you can only control yourself.. yet another thread which to me, serves no purpose; what's done is done, no offense

but just cool down, there are always people like that everywhere, be it in the antartica, the moon, or singapore

I think this is rather common bah. All e IT shows n Motor shows n all....I have seen such pple who pop infront of u n block ur view. Never took photos at such shows b4 cos e whole place always so packed de but i heard a fren that some guy even knocked into him, causing my fren to lose his balance which in turn affected him to drop his cam.:angry:

To some, anything oes.

I have similar experience some months back, during the National Stadium closing show. One family (father & 2 sons), each held a DSLR with big lens keep walking across my view to get some shots. They even got warned by the show organiser no to walk about, but they choose to ignore these warnings shortly after the organiser left. After their shootings, they just stand there and continue watch the show, thus fully blocking my view. At one time, they even ran into the walkway trying to get some shots, which they almost block the fire torch bearer running to position to light the National Stadium fire. Luckily, one CISCO officer 'kick' them out of the walkway. What the more, these 3 are not official photographers.

These people are just not fit to call themselves photographer and not fit to own a DSLR. There are a disgrace. They are not considerate towards others, thinking that their presence there is all so important and do not care much about the people around.

hum dee dum

what can you do?

in life you can only control yourself.. yet another thread which to me, serves no purpose; what's done is done, no offense

but just cool down, there are always people like that everywhere, be it in the antartica, the moon, or singapore

Justice needs to be done. They ought to be kicked! :devil: They ought to be taught a lesson not to block people! :angry: I think they do not know what is to be courteous. Ought to be taught manners.

You are right! It is a sheer waste of time talking about this kind of rude people. Not sure whether this has something to do with moral decadence.

On one event, my 70-200 lens kept hitting the photographer infront of me... haha and kind of piss off the photographer. And worst of all, I kept bumping into him on different event... and I tried to stay far from him.

Sad but nowhere as bad as when money is involved, or where some PJs are concerned, especially from the press of a certain ethnic group (please don't ask me, I won't tell to avoid racial issues).

My journalist friend who was at a press conference literally got physically elbowed out of the way by two PJs from said ethnic gp press. They turned around and started like they wanted to kill him when he said 'Hey!', then proceeded to literally grab a chair almost out from under from another journalist just as he stood up for a moment! If my recollection is correct, they were the only ones who stood up on a chair while the rest of the room was on the floor. Go figure.

I remember reading that Elton John was totally pissed off at the Korean (?) press for acting like animals and shouted at them. Elsewhere, you will repeatedly hear of 'horror' stories involving paparazzi and working PJs.

For the paparazzi, it's a matter of money. For the PJs, it's a matter of get the shot at all costs if they want to keep their jobs or advance in their careers. Where money and rice bowls are concerned, many photogs would not hesitate to literally get physical, sometimes, not because they want to, but because they have no choice if they want to survive. Not that I agree to such approaches.

I was at Imaging Expo, Suntec City last week and many photographers were in the zone, taking the perfect shot of the Haselblad model.

Once you're in tunnel vision, the people around you "disappear".

I was at Imaging Expo, Suntec City last week and many photographers were in the zone, taking the perfect shot of the Haselblad model.

Bro, imagine you are tunnelling oredi and some "guy" just pop in front of you. What would you say? :bsmilie:

I guess the issue here isn't about tunnel vision... but rather having rear-view mirrors.

hmm what's with the dslr thingy ? its just a camera only ... having a dslr doesn't make u "godlike" and grant u license to do whatever u want leh

nowsaday does ppl still think having a dslr means that u are someone who should deserve respect coz u are a tan jiak pro like what is commonly "believed" back in the 80s ? :bsmilie:

tunnel vision?

best is to be security guard. can stand on the frontline, chase people away, give you ability to threaten and throw people out AND shoot girls too!

:bsmilie: :thumbsup:

Good description! ;)

Why dont you just confront the person there and then? Not much point to complain after the fact when on the spot you could have done something about it. He may be unaware, in which case you can panchan him once. If he's aware and persists, then a stronger response would be forthcoming.

I would not hesitate to let the person know of his actions and have done so on several occassions. The level of response would be measured according to his actions and whether the benefit of the doubt can be given or otherwise.

I was in Taiwan many years ago and things were solved by throwing punches and generous amount of hokkien expletives.

Another option is to follow the Olympus hokkien advertisement.

Sad but nowhere as bad as when money is involved, or where some PJs are concerned, especially from the press of a certain ethnic group (please don't ask me, I won't tell to avoid racial issues).

My journalist friend who was at a press conference literally got physically elbowed out of the way by two PJs from said ethnic gp press. They turned around and started like they wanted to kill him when he said 'Hey!', then proceeded to literally grab a chair almost out from under from another journalist just as he stood up for a moment! If my recollection is correct, they were the only ones who stood up on a chair while the rest of the room was on the floor. Go figure.

I remember reading that Elton John was totally pissed off at the Korean (?) press for acting like animals and shouted at them. Elsewhere, you will repeatedly hear of 'horror' stories involving paparazzi and working PJs.

For the paparazzi, it's a matter of money. For the PJs, it's a matter of get the shot at all costs if they want to keep their jobs or advance in their careers. Where money and rice bowls are concerned, many photogs would not hesitate to literally get physical, sometimes, not because they want to, but because they have no choice if they want to survive. Not that I agree to such approaches.

Reminds me of the time I had to physically remove a press photographer from a major daily out of the allocated zone at a past SIFF event because he was hindering my clients' movement and my position as well.

The bugger was pushing his luck when he elbowed into the space allocated to the VIPs, making them feel uncomfortable and when persisted, simply found himself out of the shooting zone. After regular unwanted interactions with some black sheep, I hardly think I have much sympathy for some of our press photographers, and I've certainly identified a few along the way whom require a course in professional etiquette and in learning to anticipate crowd flow so as not to have to be all rude and pushy.

Whats the fuss about a Hasselblad camera? Was it the one the tripod? I liked the Linhof 6x7 camera with digital back more though.......

HS

Status
Not open for further replies.