5700 +
======
CCD - 3 Megapixel, 5 Megapixel
Zoom - 6x zoom, 8x zoom
LCD - Fixed, swivel
Body - plastic, magnesium
Hotshoe - generic, supports Speedlights
Misc features found only in 5700 -
Best ShotSelector, Contrast, brightness & saturation adjustment, RAW mode, noise reduction
5min bulb exposure, white balance bracketing, overexposure highlighting in playback

Toss-up
=======
ISO range - 160-1600 (800 & 1600 at 1280x960), 100-800

S602 +
======
Max Aperture - F2.8-3.1, F2.8-4.2
Auto Focus lag - 0.56-0.8s, 0.93-0.99s (Taken from Imaging Resource figures)
Auto Focus - 49 selectable points, 5 zones
Manual Focus - MF ring on lens, using command dial
Manual Focus lag - 0.37s, 0.65s (Taken from Imaging Resource figures)
Fastest Shutter speed - 1/10000s, 1/4000 at smallest aperture
Media - CF & SM, CF
Price - 5700 cost 30% more than S602 (based on Japan list prices)
Continuous shooting - 5fps, 3fps
Movie - 640x480 unlimited length at 30fps, 320x240 max 60s at 15fps
Battery - 4xAA, proprietary lithium
Battery life (Capture Mode, w/LCD) - 159min, 86 min (Taken from Imaging Resource figures)
Lens attachment - 5700 lens extends a bit more than then the S602, making
lens adapters much less useful. See Imaging Resource review for details
Playback zoom - 18x, 6x
Misc features found only in S602 -
Final 5 frames continuous shooting at 5fps, one touch autofocus, voice memo

Nice comparison list there. You forgot to include the following S602+:

1) Min Aperture - F11, F8
2) LCD size - 1.8", 1.5"

hi i just started to learn photography and plan to buy S602, however got people recommend nikon 5700 to me also, i can't understand much terms here however i found the swivel LCD is useful. any more comments on this 2 cameras? which is recommended?

Originally posted by Corvette

seems like the color from the fuji S602Z is nicer than of the nikon one? :dunno:

Any nikon 5700 user care to share their view? Coz I can't decide between the 602 and 5700.

getta 717:thumbsup:
but some said that the images from 5700can beat the D1x, i wonder how true it is....:dunno:

Originally posted by chenwei
hi i just started to learn photography and plan to buy S602, however got people recommend nikon 5700 to me also, i can't understand much terms here however i found the swivel LCD is useful. any more comments on this 2 cameras? which is recommended?

i aways say - buy the one with higher resale value in case you decide to sell in 1 month and buy DSLR.

Originally posted by jo3pit
go for nikon dude... pure 5MP
actually MP is not the main concern for me as I won't print it out, even print will just normal photo size... ;)

Originally posted by erwinx

i aways say - buy the one with higher resale value in case you decide to sell in 1 month and buy DSLR.
saw ur reply in which camera is better thread, i can say that i won't sell it (this is the 2nd camera i am going to get, the first i got is sony dsc p2) as i can't afford DSLR at all.... ;p

just wonder these 2 cameras which is recommended as the price also quite different... :what:

I suggest getting the cheaper one. You won't go much wrong and the money saved could get you quite a number of accessories (e.g. memory, several sets of batteries, telelens, etc)!

I went thru the same dilemma sometime back but I made the choice for the Nikon CP 5700 over the Fuji 602 for the following reasons:

1. True effective megapix. Pse see the results of the interpolation at 6 MP for yrself to judge. I went down to the Epson center at Funan and they have pix of shots by Fuji 6800 shot at 3.3 with interpolation and w/o.

2. Swivel LCD Monitor. Clear cut, but are there chances that u will shoot at an ackward angle?

3. Resale value. Again, clear cut.

4. Image sharpness. I had a look at the Fuji 602 image and I was not fully impressed.

The 2 cameras are not really "comparable" becos it is different price abt $300 diff? U have to decide for yrself as to whether which camera is better. Maybe what u shld do is get camera users of both to shoot exactly the same image and print out for u to decide. Gd luck.:devil:

I went thru the same dilemma sometime back but I made the choice for the Nikon CP 5700 over the Fuji 602 for the following reasons:

1. True effective megapix. Pse see the results of the interpolation at 6 MP for yrself to judge. I went down to the Epson center at Funan and they have pix of shots by Fuji 6800 shot at 3.3 with interpolation and w/o.

2. Swivel LCD Monitor. Clear cut, but are there chances that u will shoot at an ackward angle?

4. Image sharpness. I had a look at the Fuji 602 image and I was not fully impressed.

The 2 cameras are not really "comparable" becos it is different price abt $300 diff? U have to decide for yrself as to whether which camera is better. Maybe what u shld do is get camera users of both to shoot exactly the same image and print out for u to decide. Gd luck.:devil:

Originally posted by jeff chen

Hi, thanks for the suggestion. today i tried my friend's S602, will find a chance to try others also b4 i made a decision. :D

too bad, i can't afford DSLR... :cry:

if i am not wrong the nikon has got a bigger ccd than the fuji which will result in cleaner pictures

just wonder anyone know the market price for this 2 models? i just realised that the 300 difference is in USD.... :what:

Originally posted by MaGixShOe
if i am not wrong the nikon has got a bigger ccd than the fuji which will result in cleaner pictures

5MP in 2/3" compared with 3MP in 1/1.7"

The individual pixels are much closer in 5700 than S602Z. This probably explains why 5700's images are noiser especially at higher ISO.

Originally posted by chenwei
just wonder anyone know the market price for this 2 models? i just realised that the 300 difference is in USD.... :what:

difference about S$400-450....

if you think of it another way, you could get the Fujifilm wide-angle converter and the Fujifilm teleconverter (for a 28mm- 300mm coverage) and with spare change for several sets of high capacity rechargeable batteries.....

Status
Not open for further replies.