Destruction

Status
Not open for further replies.

nigel84

Mar 22, 2007
www.flickr.com
Was trying to convey the message of how ppl actually destroy our precious grass land to build concrete on them. Shot was taken in black and white as to bring out how the dull life would be if everything was all in "cement-ly white". Please critique on how should i be framing this shot to bring the point out stronger as well as what else could i have included?

destruction1.jpg

Thanks in advance for the CnC...

First of all...do you think that your image had the message you wanted or not?
About the framing, I don't really prefer that kind of tight cropping...and well I don't really prefer the angle as well but hey, that's me..not you
It's all about your own concept and theme and how you deliver it to the audience...as someone said a long long time ago "The craft and technical aspects, while important in themselves, should always be subservient to the expressive concepts of the photographer-necessary but not dominant!"--Ansel Adams

Well I hope my comment helps :)

First of all...do you think that your image had the message you wanted or not?
About the framing, I don't really prefer that kind of tight cropping...and well I don't really prefer the angle as well but hey, that's me..not you
It's all about your own concept and theme and how you deliver it to the audience...as someone said a long long time ago "The craft and technical aspects, while important in themselves, should always be subservient to the expressive concepts of the photographer-necessary but not dominant!"--Ansel Adams

Well I hope my comment helps :)

err there was this bald patch of grass just a little slightly off the right side of the pic (viewer's position) however i was unable to frame it in, as i wanted to capture the corner of the platform of concrete to show how hard it is on nature, else if i could capture the sand it would make the pic stronger in words. Well your comments sure helped me in re-thinking myself in positioning better. It helped reali.. but for the cropping i do prefer it that way, so as to not let the eyes wander around the pic searching for the hidden message.:D

hi nigel. i find ur pic simple but confusing. had u not mention ur objective, i would have had a hard time guessing it :p
maybe u can look for alternative subjects?
think ur angle is rather awkward too. the concrete slab has this slight portion on the top.

hi nigel. i find ur pic simple but confusing. had u not mention ur objective, i would have had a hard time guessing it :p
maybe u can look for alternative subjects?
think ur angle is rather awkward too. the concrete slab has this slight portion on the top.

hmmm... your point had been noted, "simple but confusing" would i say that it fails to bring out the context within? as for alternative subjects, what would be best? Regarding the last sentence slight portion on the top, err may i know where? Lastly your comment was really helpful in making me asking myself more questions on such shots i make the next time i have the chance to. TY! :)

err there was this bald patch of grass just a little slightly off the right side of the pic (viewer's position) however i was unable to frame it in, as i wanted to capture the corner of the platform of concrete to show how hard it is on nature, else if i could capture the sand it would make the pic stronger in words. Well your comments sure helped me in re-thinking myself in positioning better. It helped reali.. but for the cropping i do prefer it that way, so as to not let the eyes wander around the pic searching for the hidden message.:D
Glad I could help....well actually it's up to you on how you what the audience to see what you really "see"
Everybody have their own liking and preferences :)

Was trying to convey the message of how ppl actually destroy our precious grass land to build concrete on them. Shot was taken in black and white as to bring out how the dull life would be if everything was all in "cement-ly white". Please critique on how should i be framing this shot to bring the point out stronger as well as what else could i have included?

destruction1.jpg

Thanks in advance for the CnC...

Perhaps a bigger pic, one filled up by the concrete slab, including the top part of the concrete, like 95% of the pic and then the rest just the tiny patch of green grass. Then have like constrasting boring concrete gray vs a duller green...the dying green...my two cents...

Perhaps a bigger pic, one filled up by the concrete slab, including the top part of the concrete, like 95% of the pic and then the rest just the tiny patch of green grass. Then have like constrasting boring concrete gray vs a duller green...the dying green...my two cents...

WOW! That was great... Err just that i had a little problem, the stab of concrete was the base of a pavillion, so should i be framing the pic complete with the pavillion? I had thought of it, but i thought in that case the pavillion might become of the centre of attraction. pls enlighten!

Status
Not open for further replies.