Destitute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tweek

Jan 17, 2002
East
www.weekai.com
sP3093310.jpg

Go closer? Cut off the sky surrounding it. Maybe allow the branches to touch all four sides of the photo. Maybe it will look more abstract. :)

thanks for your comments. I was trying to create the mood of destitution, despair, totally squeezed dried of hope. If I let the tree fill the entire frame, perhaps the effect will not be that good? What do you think? :)

Originally posted by Tweek
thanks for your comments. I was trying to create the mood of destitution, despair, totally squeezed dried of hope. If I let the tree fill the entire frame, perhaps the effect will not be that good? What do you think? :)

I would say both have its own merits.

The fill-to-the-corner approach wld be more abstract as pointed out earlier, whereas the approach you have taken is immediately more recognisable of what you are trying to convey.

I have postcard of a B&W photo by magie noire (is this person famous? i dont know, but it doesnt matter) and its of the effiel tower, and half of it is framed by a dry withered tree - i will try and post it when i have the opportunity to scan it.

It is my favourite and its framed and on my desk.

:D

I am not sure abt the abstract thingy. But I definitely like this shot. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.