Destination

Benson Lau

Mar 2, 2013
Singapore
Hi I just wanna ask do you all know if there's any where in Singapore that still have the olden days canteen or food court style?

Hi I just wanna ask do you all know if there's any where in Singapore that still have the olden days canteen or food court style?

How old is your "olden"?

The singapore flyer. The foodcourt there is old school feel but at more than modern day prices.

Singapore flyer? Hmm will go look at it tmr thanks! Any other place?

Food republic at vivocity? It's like stepping back in time to old chinatown but the place can be very crowded though.

Hmm sure thanks! Any more ppl? Thanks for your help !

Jurong point (the new wing)
There is a all-malaysian food type of foodcourt. Absolutely gives you the feel of stepping into a studio for a period drama. Go check it out.

Thanks! Still got any more suggestion ppl? Thanks for all the suggestion so far !

There's a food court in sentosa that has that type of olden Singapore feel, it's close to the entrance of USS. Can't remember the name though.

In katong area, little India, etc, all can find very old looking coffee shops.

Places like seah street,purvis street & nearby arab street,just take a walk & observe...

little india has quite a few in still original condition from years ago

opposite Bangkok Bank on Cecil Street got a stretch of coffee joints from ago and still running red hot

Indus road and Beoi Crescent off havelock road also have

my favorite is Redhill Market and Hawker Center .... 5 min walk from Redhill MRT

Last edited:
Food republic at vivocity? It's like stepping back in time to old chinatown but the place can be very crowded though.

Was stopped once for taking photos in there. Just be cautious when shooting in malls.

Tampines mall basement, think it call Malaya or what. Inside also some display of old VW van model, typewriter etc.
Some of the Wang Cafe also has those old coffee design, eg changi airport, Think T2 and T3.

Last edited:
Food republic at St James power station. Looks like 60s or 70s.