Destination: unknown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wurdelak

Apr 7, 2009
westcoast
www.flickr.com
DSC0255.JPG

1. in what area is critique to be sought?
> i'd like to know if the B & W PP worked for this shot, and how is the overall composition.

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
> i'd like to convey the feeling of not knowing where to go to, or what to do next through this shot.

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
> taking street shots, i felt this is an interesting sight.

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
> when i saw the boy at the steps of the jeepney, i felt that he is out of money to pay for his journey, and realizing that he is barefooted... i sensed that he must've ran away from his family, or somewhat lost... not knowing what to do, not knowing where to go... the paper he was holding, gave me a thought that, maybe he is soliciting for money, or he wants to send a letter to someone to ask for help...

hmm b+w pp works quite well cos of the dark silhouettes behind the boy, a tad off the rule of 3rd lines, but thats okay cos the vehicle cuts the frame into 3rds vertically... the frame is a bit tilted, though. could be corrected in pp

I dont know what a photographers eye says about the photo but i from a viewers perspective can tell you that its an awesome shot. Love the feel of the photo. Those expressions on the face of the kid makes me wonder what exactly he is thinking about.

ok to me. first thing that caught my eyes were the mercedes sign and the number plates. so you have loss some essence there.

byaheng divisoria? :p nicely taken kabayan :)

To me there is nothing to the photo? Something is not there...

I find this is a good photo, but I do agree, it lack of something to achieve the WOW factor.
However, I am not sure what is missing also. :(

I guess if the boy is in focus and sharp, you can try for a tighter crop. That might bring more focus to the emotion of the boy.

I guess there's no harm experimenting with different crops?

ok to me. first thing that caught my eyes were the mercedes sign and the number plates. so you have loss some essence there.
>thanks for the observation.

byaheng divisoria? :p nicely taken kabayan :)
>byaheng pasig po;)... thanks for viewing!

To me there is nothing to the photo? Something is not there...
>maybe you can indicate the missing factor, it will help a lot for a beginner like me.

I find this is a good photo, but I do agree, it lack of something to achieve the WOW factor.
However, I am not sure what is missing also. :(
>hmmmm... will try to experiment different PP on this... thanks!

I guess if the boy is in focus and sharp, you can try for a tighter crop. That might bring more focus to the emotion of the boy.

I guess there's no harm experimenting with different crops?
>thanks for the advice... will try it.:)

hmm b+w pp works quite well cos of the dark silhouettes behind the boy, a tad off the rule of 3rd lines, but thats okay cos the vehicle cuts the frame into 3rds vertically... the frame is a bit tilted, though. could be corrected in pp
>thank you for the suggestion, will observe those in future composition. appreciate it!:thumbsup:

I dont know what a photographers eye says about the photo but i from a viewers perspective can tell you that its an awesome shot. Love the feel of the photo. Those expressions on the face of the kid makes me wonder what exactly he is thinking about.
>glad you enjoy the shot... thanks!:)

the problem here is that it is not here not there, not tight enough, not spacious enough

either go in closer, or zoom out more to give more of the surroundings. now, if you look at the left, it is being very extra. but if you crop it off , it is also weird.

the problem here is that it is not here not there, not tight enough, not spacious enough

either go in closer, or zoom out more to give more of the surroundings. now, if you look at the left, it is being very extra. but if you crop it off , it is also weird.

thanks for the observation sir, will take note of that... surely, learning how to shoot right is fun here in CS! thanks for the constructive critiques!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.