Destination Europe: A European Odyssey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clown

Staff member
Mar 24, 2003
Singapore
Hi all, i'm now on this european photo-journey with 4 other photographers. do come visit our blog which we'll be updating (hopefully) everyday via internet cafes we find along the way.

http://destinationeurope.blogspot.com

17557149_76f8311f65.jpg

we'll be having an exhibition at the Singapore History Museum in july. do drop by for a visit! ;p

Wish you guys all the best in your journey..:)

Looking forward to reading more of your adventures and of course, those beautiful pictures.:thumbsup:

sounds like fun! enjoy ur trip!:)

have seen the blog... sounds like fun and hmm... the crepes!!! very nice!! ;p
:bsmilie:
The panorama of waterloo looks really interesting too!!
nice work guys.. looking forward to your exhibition in july.

Have seen the cards distributed at BM. Will want to drag you to NUG for special sharing + viewing :bsmilie:

espn said:
Have seen the cards distributed at BM. Will want to drag you to NUG for special sharing + viewing :bsmilie:
Onz ar! hahaha.. see if i can survive the trip first. =p

We are right now in an internet cafe in Arnhem in the Netherlands. It's like 8pm now and the sun is still up in the sky.. tmd.. cannot sleep sia.
We are going to Copenhagen tomorrow and will probably have a white night - no sunset! - means die liao.

ok we updated the blog.. go check!

Many beautiful pictures... Looking forward to the NUG special...

Have a nice trip! I will be visiting your site everyday.

Wohoo... just a few hours more and I'll be on my way to join u guys in europe...
See u there soon!!

Am in prague now... just had a whole day of shooting and walking in istanbul yesterday..

10am to 9pm full day of walking... was cloudy for most of the day until about 4+pm... then my batteries ran dry!!

Just bought another battery... with 3 batteries I should hopefully last throughout the long days here..

The people in turkey are very very friendly... very....

upzz man james...

looking forward to ur exhibition! :D

the whole bunch just got back like saturday evening.
man we're like totally tired out.

blog's updated man..
destinationeurope.blogspot.com

will be adding a few more images when more raw files are being processed.

Solid! really no horse run.. :bigeyes:

an excellent display of a combined effort.. :thumbsup:

what was the purpose, if i may question, of the trip? While the photos are nice and colorful, they seem to be nothing more than touristy photos that one could easily get from post cards and stock photos. Nothing particularly brilliant or outstanding really... i am really baffled about what will be shown in the exhibition, if this is indeed a taster of things to come...hmmm :)

szekiat said:
what was the purpose, if i may question, of the trip? While the photos are nice and colorful, they seem to be nothing more than touristy photos that one could easily get from post cards and stock photos. Nothing particularly brilliant or outstanding really... i am really baffled about what will be shown in the exhibition, if this is indeed a taster of things to come...hmmm :)
i think everything that can be shot can be taken easily from post cards and stock photos.. so maybe we should all give up photography together?

dude it's a blog of where we've went and wat we've done, and some pictures to show our progress there. it's not an online photo exhibition.

anyway it's up to u if u what u wanna make outta it.

Mate, i appreciate that it is a blog of a journey of friends. What i don't understand is how one gets away with exhibiting post cards at the history museum? Contrary to what you say, what lots of stuff can indeed be found in post cards and stock photos, i've still managed to seen exhibits of photos that somehow don't fit into that category. I don't question the value of your trip, for surely you must have learned something from it, but i think that u missed a lot about europe and its culture and that you have only managed to dwell into the surface layer. Surely there is no need to exhibit photos that can be googled up online in a million and one photobuckets, photoblogs, etc. I'm sure it was not your decision to exhibit, but having been invited to do so, should you not have strived to do something different? Maybe its just me, i would have. Your posts so far show technical competency but the composition and shots are what any TDH can do with a decent compact camera. When i saw the list of photographers going, i guess i just expected more..:(

ok mr pro photog who thinks i'm unworthy of getting into a photo exhibition with my puny sub-normal pictures that totally doesnt reflect the true cultures and life of europe, i'm sorry for having posted here and made you think that i'm damn great and thus you expected a lot and then having seen the blog be disappointed.

btw i'm so dumb i dunno wat's TDH..

Status
Not open for further replies.