dessicator

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclone

Jun 30, 2004
West
Hi would like to find out if those pre-packed dessicators(i'm using olympus-type) are re-usable ie reheat again......wont it burn the wrapper??
If not what's the most economical and convenient way of making sure the u/w casing wont fog when u bring down into the water.thx :lovegrin:

cyclone said:
Hi would like to find out if those pre-packed dessicators(i'm using olympus-type) are re-usable ie reheat again......wont it burn the wrapper??
If not what's the most economical and convenient way of making sure the u/w casing wont fog when u bring down into the water.thx :lovegrin:

silicon gel? 1 bottle 5bucks from most camera/photoshops.

get a tiny zip lock poke a few holes with small needles. fill it up with silicon gel. cheap alternatives

I also use olympus cameras and housing. The silica gel pack is limited. A cheap alternative is to buy your own silica gel. Get a pack of filter bags for tea. Use a sealer and custom build your own silica packs. The tea bag filters are real cheap, $2 for 70+ bags. They are made of a synthetic plastic material that seals with ordinary heat sealers.

Use a sock, stuff it with silica gel and tie a knot at the end. I have been using it for 2 years now with no problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.