Desperate Prayers


Status
Not open for further replies.

meurt

New Member
Sep 2, 2005
27
0
0
#1
Hi,
My 1st humble posting on clubsnap...any comments? The mood of the photo? What are you 1st thoughts and feelings when you see it?

Taken with my 1st digital Olympus C740 last Dec, post processed to BW.



"Wailing Wall", Jerusalem, Israel
 

Sep 12, 2005
31
0
0
#2
Hi

That's a nice subject you have there. I think you did the right thing by shooting in B and W.

I think the shot would be more compelling if you took it from a lower angle and go a little closer. Might be a good idea not to frame her right smack in the centre too.

Be careful of the highlights too. Hope this helps :)
 

meurt

New Member
Sep 2, 2005
27
0
0
#3
Thanks and agreed...wanted to do a closeup but felt that it was rude to interrupt their prayers...in fact had to zoomed in from quite far for this shot...

btw...it's a guy not a lady...;)
 

nemesis32

Senior Member
Oct 16, 2003
3,717
1
0
43
Singapore
Visit site
#4
I think the shot will improve if you go closer and to right of the pic...

Also, is the title appropriate/correct? why desperate?
i will probably just name it Prayer....
 

meurt

New Member
Sep 2, 2005
27
0
0
#5
nemesis32 said:
I think the shot will improve if you go closer and to right of the pic...

Also, is the title appropriate/correct? why desperate?
i will probably just name it Prayer....
"Prayers" would have been a more neutral title, i named it "desperate", from a Christian pt of view...(hope i don't create a controvesy here by discussing religious matters :think: )...Jews,(& Muslims bros) and Christians all believed in the same God. However they do not believe that the Messiah (Jesus) has come, and the Temple is a Holy place...Jesus (Matthew 24) however declared that the Temple would be destroyed and IT was destroyed, and Jews now believe that the wall is all that remains of the Holy Temple (some pple openly said tat the wall was not part of the Temple but a roman fortress)...but Christians, in short, believe that the our body IS now the Temple...but of cos the Jews still pray today at the wall for the Temple to be rebuilt....it also quite sad for the Jews now, because while they believe that the Temple is holy ground (now replaced by a Mosque within the walls) , they can no longer enter area within the walls because it now belongs to the Muslims...so i guess to me it's a "desperate" prayer to God (they pray in a Wailing tone, like crying)... ok lah...before this turn into an essay, if anyone is interested in this for historical reasons, web lotsa info...basically i just felt sad for Israel and jews...but then again if only there is harmony who cares?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wailing_Wall
http://www.aish.com/wallcam/Why_the_Wall_is_Holy.asp

back to the photo :sweatsm: ...i guess the photo doesn't really captured the "desperateness" ya?...how would you try to capture the "desperateness"? Should we allow the photo to interpret itself or the title to interpret the photo?

YOu are also right, a bit to the right to show some expression on the face would have make it better...
 

#6
Hi Meurt,

I was there last december too. Which group did you go with? I saw few groups from Singapore when I was there.

Daniel

meurt said:
Hi,
My 1st humble posting on clubsnap...any comments? The mood of the photo? What are you 1st thoughts and feelings when you see it?

Taken with my 1st digital Olympus C740 last Dec, post processed to BW.



"Wailing Wall", Jerusalem, Israel
 

meurt

New Member
Sep 2, 2005
27
0
0
#7
oracle0711 said:
Hi Meurt,

I was there last december too. Which group did you go with? I saw few groups from Singapore when I was there.

Daniel
Hi Oracle...
I spent Xmas there, beautiful place isn't? despite only "bad" news are heard on tv all the time abt Israel...btw saw your gallery...wow love your photos of israel, particular the lonesome tree at caesarea and sunrise (over sea of Galilee rite??)...

will find a place to upload some of my photos soon, and get some advice from ya...

Meurt
 

#8
Wow, you actually spend Xmas over there. I came back just right before Christmas. Yes the Galilee area is a fantastic place. I am sure you took the boat across the lake too. In fact, more beautiful than the pictures are the things that Israel had been through and how after today - such as Masada, Deadsea, Scroll caves, etc, etc and the lives this nation has seen transformation after so many years of exile and now the people are coming back to Israel from all over the world... but more importantly is their faith, how they cling on to the Old Testament and their perception of the Messiah.

We happen to meet up with Peter Tsukahira, a Japanese but now an Israel citizen and a Jew by tradition of marriage. Great guy and we learn a lot about the Messianic Jew movement.

Will be going there again this year as I missed out quite a few places, such as Petra.

Hope to see your pictures soon.

meurt said:
Hi Oracle...
I spent Xmas there, beautiful place isn't? despite only "bad" news are heard on tv all the time abt Israel...btw saw your gallery...wow love your photos of israel, particular the lonesome tree at caesarea and sunrise (over sea of Galilee rite??)...

will find a place to upload some of my photos soon, and get some advice from ya...

Meurt
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom