Desktop Speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.

hazmee

May 9, 2004
Sengkang
noorhazmee.com
Hi guys,

I combed the net but the answers I get does not seem too convincing. I am currently looking for a 'good' set of desktop speakers. When I say good, I am not referring to the mega hi-fi set but within a budget of S$100~150. I am looking for something not too big because of space constraints.

I have been eyeing on the Dell monitor speakers that fits onto my LCD nicely but I don't think Singapore keeps stock on them. If you guys have any good recommendation, please let me know. Thanks!

give those Dell speakers amiss my "neighbour". Sound quality are so-so. If you really wan to use those, I rather you go get a good set of headphone instead. Anyway, for a good set of speaker which i presume would be connected to your PC, Creative do have a few good ones. The Creative T20 is not such a bad choice. I think it shld be within your budget. I would go for the T40 if budget allow. The Logitech Z10 is another one I might get if I dun have already have a set of speakers lying ard.

Well go down to Challenger to test out some of the set on display and let your ears decide

i know u stated a budget, but nothing beats the bose companion series for me.. heheheeeeeeee ;p

companion 3 i'm using.. $400.

try it out at funan challenger? some prefer heavier bass some not... etc

Wah...jialat man... 400 bucks... :sweat: Didn't know you so hardcore man, joho.

Bluestrike:: Neighbour?? Can I drop by? LOL! Thank you for the heads up about the Dell speakers. I am glad I didn't hit the purchase button.

Thanks for the recommendation guys. I'll drop by Funan tomorrow. I need to clear the earwax as well.

I kinda miss my all in one iMac now but that is another story for another day.

Bluestrike:: Neighbour?? Can I drop by? LOL! Thank you for the heads up about the Dell speakers. I am glad I didn't hit the purchase button.

Thanks for the recommendation guys. I'll drop by Funan tomorrow. I need to clear the earwax as well.

ya 400 bux.. of course i had a much lower budget but that's the story of my life, always over budget!!! :sweatsm:

i figured... i spend 12 hours a day almost in front of computer... 400 bux divide by the hours.. is PITTANCE..

ahah good way to justify, if a little wilful. good luck finding suitable ones for urself, i'm sure u can get something very decent for that budget just insist on listening and testing the ones u are interested in.

i think a couple of shops in simlim have tonnes of speakers on display and can listen.

The best PC speakers I own is the klipsch Promedia 2.1. Solid bass and sound is clear. Worth every penny but now I think no more liao. Can try the showroom at Adelphi.

Klispch ProMedia Ultra 2.0 (Budget)

or

Klispch ProMedia GMX A-2.1 (Intermediate)

or

Klispch RSX-4 or RSX-5 and you will not need to change speakers for a very long time. (High end)

Last edited:

Just a small suggestion: Bring along a high quality CD you're familiar with and have heard over a good sound system. Set the whatever player's settings all to neutral and then judge. If the equalizer etc are all tweaked/boosted, you won't really be listening to the capabilities of the speaker per se. Yeah, I know, it's hardly far from ideal and not your single-speaker single room audiophile demo set-up, but better than nothing. :)

Klispch ProMedia Ultra 2.0 (Budget)

or

Klispch ProMedia GMX A-2.1 (Intermediate)

or

Klispch RSX-4 or RSX-5 and you will not need to change speakers for a very long time. (High end)

Sounds so familiar, buying a good quality lens will last very long time, and you get to enjoy the quality the moment you get it...:devil:

Hi guys,

I combed the net but the answers I get does not seem too convincing. I am currently looking for a 'good' set of desktop speakers. When I say good, I am not referring to the mega hi-fi set but within a budget of S$100~150. I am looking for something not too big because of space constraints.

I have been eyeing on the Dell monitor speakers that fits onto my LCD nicely but I don't think Singapore keeps stock on them. If you guys have any good recommendation, please let me know. Thanks!

Altech Liasing ATP3
$60-$70 cheap n good

Glad I checked this thread before going. Thanks for the info guys! Really appreciate it. Now lots of area to cover and things to hear. Heh.

Within 100-150 a 2nd hand Klipsch promedia 2.0 will fit the bill since its by far the best, smalll yet clear and powerful (if u scratch bose off). These one fine designer speakers, I can sell it to u. I upgraded to RsX4 since I don't have neighbour for miles. Too bad midiland has been scrapped, the're really good/affordable too, crystal clear airs trebles, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.