desktop speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeanie

May 19, 2005
i'm looking for a small but good sound quality speakers for my imac.
any suggestions please?
preferably without the huge subwoofer.
:embrass:

i'm looking for a small but good sound quality speakers for my imac.
any suggestions please?
preferably without the huge subwoofer.
:embrass:

How small is small for you? I'm using the Creative Gigaworks T20. Got quite good lows without subwoofer despite it's size. But it isn't flat enough for me, so I ran it through a small 9-band EQ. I don't know how fussy you are with audio, but I am.

there is a shop on the top floor of Sim Lim square. It has a whole long shelf displayed with speakers. You can even test it on the spot to compare sound.
Look for a old uncle, he is super friendly & helpful.

How small is small for you? I'm using the Creative Gigaworks T20. Got quite good lows without subwoofer despite it's size. But it isn't flat enough for me, so I ran it through a small 9-band EQ. I don't know how fussy you are with audio, but I am.

i just do not want something that sticks out from my desk like sorethumbs.
not extremely particular, but just something better than the imac build in speakers.
i'm not sure the imac has build in EQ or not wor:embrass:

there is a shop on the top floor of Sim Lim square. It has a whole long shelf displayed with speakers. You can even test it on the spot to compare sound.
Look for a old uncle, he is super friendly & helpful.

SLS again...sigh....:rolleyes:

actually i saw the bose and i utterly loved it.
http://www.bose.com/controller?event=VIEW_PRODUCT_PAGE_EVENT&product=computer_speakers_compare&ck=0

but i really find it a little big, and it doesnt come in white, and it has a big subwoofer.:rolleyes:

anyone has experience with the harmonkardon soundsticks II?
http://www.harmankardon.com/product_detail.aspx?cat=MME&prod=SOUNDSTICKSII&sType=PCS

any feedback please?

Duh! Huh!

I have the Bose Companion 3 in the US. Too bad it is built for the US market only, and therefore, powered only by 110v. Otherwise, i would have gotten another set for Singapore.

So what if it's not white? Are you looking for a decoration or a speaker?

Btw, the Bose, the sound is awesone for the price.

Not sure why (no offence to mac users) but - why do you all want everything in white?! :bsmilie:

not really looks, but i like slim things.HK is definitely slim,save for the woofer.
the klipsch one is not cheap also right?

Slim speakers = not good sound

Price is about $199 last i saw

Duh! Huh!

I have the Bose Companion 3 in the US. Too bad it is built for the US market only, and therefore, powered only by 110v. Otherwise, i would have gotten another set for Singapore.

So what if it's not white? Are you looking for a decoration or a speaker?

Btw, the Bose, the sound is awesone for the price.

means the bose will come with a big big transformer am i right?
i have the lifestyle 48 and the transformer(?) is huge!

imac pure white.black speakers will spoil the outlook.
honestly, i bought the imac because i was seduced by the looks.so now if you place 2 pile of s...i mean 2 black piece of speakers beside it, it will kill the looks altogether.:bsmilie:

the companion3 is old one, companion 5 is the latest.but at 700+...for desktop speakers?errr.....:rolleyes:

Not sure why (no offence to mac users) but - why do you all want everything in white?! :bsmilie:

i had cleaned up my desktop so neatly for the imac to fit in...that's why i want it 'fitting'.

call me boring but most of my lingerie are in white.:sweatsm: :sweatsm: :sweatsm:

What to do - BOSE mah ... :bsmilie:

You pay for their "research" for better sound :rolleyes:

The only real difference between the 3 and the 5 is the subwoofer. As of last Christmas, neither the 3 nor the 5 were available for the 200-240V market. It is now available for Singapore? I will get it in a jiffy.

i had cleaned up my desktop so neatly for the imac to fit in...that's why i want it 'fitting'.

call me boring but most of my lingerie are in white.:sweatsm: :sweatsm: :sweatsm:
I preferred women in black lingerie!

The only real difference between the 3 and the 5 is the subwoofer. As of last Christmas, neither the 3 nor the 5 were available for the 200-240V market. It is now available for Singapore? I will get it in a jiffy.

it is.
700+.i saw it at the cineleisure ishop.

i'm sure those atlas hifi selling bose should have them too.
if bose only makes for US market, they'll be losing heaps.

anywhere i could test these speakers?

Last i saw was at Fuwell sim lim .. I think i saw these on demo at their funan outlet.

Agent is just across the building - Adelphi - Tat Chuan Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.