Desire; Slim Fit

Status
Not open for further replies.

billpepsi

Jan 2, 2005
The 3rd Rock
While shooting for "Window Shopping" theme, a plump lady showed up in the frame.

Orchard051013102-resize.jpg

I hope you don't take it personally, but I find the photograph rather insensitive, and unnecessarily derogatory and insulting. The intent might be cheeky, but the message comes out too strong and in your face, juxtaposed with the glamourous poster model, enhanced by the B&W touch - end result is not so cheeky anymore.

shinken said:
I hope you don't take it personally, but I find the photograph rather insensitive, and unnecessarily derogatory and insulting. The intent might be cheeky, but the message comes out too strong and in your face, juxtaposed with the glamourous poster model, enhanced by the B&W touch - end result is not so cheeky anymore.

Was pointed out by a photojournalist friend of mine that “Photography in fashion is to sell a dream”. Regardless of our body shape and age, most people have desire to be slim and beautiful. Who is it to blame? Fashion magazines or our desire??? :dunno:

nothing wrong here. i find it fairly neutral, since from the photo, there can't be a positive ID of the lady in it.

the title could have been a little different though.

I think it's ok... Except, the person in the photo doesn't look like she is looking at the mannequins... would fit the caption more if she were looking at it...

Keep shooting. :)

raid said:
I think it's ok... Except, the person in the photo doesn't look like she is looking at the mannequins... would fit the caption more if she were looking at it...

Keep shooting. :)

Tx. Yeah, something on the floor seems to interest her.

jeffhiew said:
Tx. Yeah, something on the floor seems to interest her.

The specs give away the direction of her sight - should be removed. The pic does tell a powerful story of modern women and their desire. I do not find it derogatory at all. This is a today's reality.

But do not get me wrong that I subscribe to this value.

For me - A bit skinny or a has bit of fat;no sweat. A healthy body and mind is beauty at its best.

Status
Not open for further replies.