Designing a website - need help

photograpix75

Nov 1, 2008
Yishun
Hi,

Thanks to the helpful souls here I have registered my website and have a host as well. I need the site developer and I have a specific design format in mind for my site.

Can I know the average development cost for a photography site and anyone to recommend?

Thanks & Regards,
Vivek

try visit webhostingtalk.com , prices there is in usd but relatively cheaper to get designer from there then in Singapore.

Varies from min. $1.2k and above depending on pages, programming etc.

I have a freelance contact to dev/design websites, affordable too.. if u want the contact- just drop me a PM and i will forward it to you.
cost is based on page count usually.. can be as low as 600-700 and up to infinity.

Thanks to the helpful souls here I have registered my website and have a host as well. I need the site developer and I have a specific design format in mind for my site.

Can I know the average development cost for a photography site and anyone to recommend?

Thanks & Regards,
Vivek

There are quite a number of web designing firms around locally. I don't know a lot of them. But the following is where you can approach for quotation

http://www.webvisions.com
http://www.websparks.sg/

I think you also need to highlight to them what do you exactly want to achieve for the website. Is there any dynamic contents ? How would you like your administration of the website to be ? Would it be maintain by you, or you would like to engage them for maintenance and changes along the way. One approach that starters nowadays can choose is using CMS such as wordpress, drupal, joomla or others to allow them to change the contents themselves. The web design firm will customize the package to suit your intended look and feel.

While I'm not exactly sure how your startup functions, hosting with the clouds is also very good options for pay as you use and contract-less in some extend. The scalability feature is also an attractive factor.

Perhaps you would like to seek other forums in Singapore that is more relevant to your topic such as Singapore Web Hosting Talk Forum.

Do you need a custom website?

If no, you can buy website template from Bludomain or similar site. Or just get one of the theme for wordpress that work for you.

Custom website is rather expensive for starter.

I am in the process of getting my online gallery system redone with everything custom to my need and it will cost about $4-$5k... so definitely not cheap.

Regards,

Hart

I think I saw your post on the other thread that you will be selling prints and stock images.

Maybe you would like to give Goodsie a look?
(I'm new and can't post links: goodsie[dot]com)

Not sure how well it will fit you, but compared to getting an entire site tailor-made, this should be a much cheaper alternative.

Since you have already gotten a host, Wordpress is a good start too. :)