Depth of Field Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

SzennyBoy

Mar 3, 2002
London, UK
www.zen76903.zen.co.uk
I found this link for a Depth of Field Simulator by Martin Waugh that would be very useful for understanding this DoF concept/issue:

Java-Enabled Depth of Field Simulator

Note that you will need to install the Java2 plug-in (if you don't have it already) but there is a download link on the DoF simulator page for it. Some operating systems may require a system restart to enable it after installation.

SzennyBoy said:
I found this link for a Depth of Field Simulator by Martin Waugh that would be very useful for understanding this DoF concept/issue:

Java-Enabled Depth of Field Simulator

Note that you will need to install the Java2 plug-in (if you don't have it already) but there is a download link on the DoF simulator page for it. Some operating systems may require a system restart to enable it after installation.

Hi

thanks for sharing this, its a wonderful site. I've a question wonder anyone can help. Is a 50mm f1.8 lens closed down to f5.6 has the same DOF as a 28-80mm f4-f5.6 zoom lens zoom to 50mm f5.6 wide open? :D

SzennyBoy, thanks for the useful tool :)

JeffreyLD said:
I've a question wonder anyone can help. Is a 50mm f1.8 lens closed down to f5.6 has the same DOF as a 28-80mm f4-f5.6 zoom lens zoom to 50mm f5.6 wide open? :D
Yes they have the same DOF

megaweb said:
SzennyBoy, thanks for the useful tool :)

Yes they have the same DOF

Thanks a lot, correct me if I'm wrong, is DOF means area of in-focus of an object ? so is a slower lens (28-80mm) wide open has the same degree of sharpness as a 50mm f1.8 stopped down to f5.6 ? but a lens wide open normally not as sharp as a stopped down lens, how do we define DOF and sharpness ?? I'm confused, hope you can enlighten me, thanks in advance . :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.