Dental braces anyone ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kultchris

Jan 28, 2004
hey guys .. am thinking of putting dental braces as my teeth isnt very straight . Any of u guys have gotten braces before ? Do recommend a good dentist and advise on hows the price like . Eg .. the firts down payment and subsequent monthly payments . Thanks :)

hey guys .. am thinking of putting dental braces as my teeth isnt very straight . Any of u guys have gotten braces before ? Do recommend a good dentist and advise on hows the price like . Eg .. the firts down payment and subsequent monthly payments . Thanks :)

I'm actually looking for a dentist too..
Heard they can place the braces in your inner teeth, so that it can't be seen.
I'll be checking with my dentist tomorrow as I'm going for polishing..
Hope I can get the ans and share it with u.. ;)

Thanks Paranoia08 :) I heard of the braces in the inner teeth thing too . but i heard tat is almost doubled the price as compared to normal braces ..

Thanks Paranoia08 :) I heard of the braces in the inner teeth thing too . but i heard tat is almost doubled the price as compared to normal braces ..

Wah! omg.. :confused:
nvm... I'll check about the details and reply to u tml.. :)

62418827/64491871
Lee Dental at Bedok North

mine cost 3.3k , consider v cheap already
removing of 4 pre-molar
xray
fixing / removing + retainer

followings will be charge xtra
cleaning
refixing bracket
toothbrush / cleaning equipment
remove wisdom tooth if u need to

painless cos the dentist doesnt used the old method
braces for inner will cost u around $10k

I think the new method is the injection of anesthetic into your gum. So any extraction or whatever that is done would be painless.

Thankfully, I didn't have to remove any of my teeth. =D

Erm...It's possible to go down to almost 2-3k for the subsidised rate. If you go private, then yes, 3k would be considered cheap. But for the subsidised rate, you would have to join the "queue" which would take about 2-3 years.

If your teeth is pretty crooked, then there will be a lot of pain during the first 1-2 days. Usually pain is felt after a tightening session. Not to scare you, but it is constant pain. It will hurt when you go to sleep, when u wake up..it will still hurt. That has been for my case for major shifting of tooth. Be ready to eat porridge for a few days...haha. BUT all in all, all these sufferings are definitely worth it.

any age that is too old to put braces?

I have been wanting to do it since young.. now 25.. but still too broke to do it:bsmilie::bsmilie:.. thinking of doing it when i am financially independent.. maybe 30plus?

But i reckon a 30+ year old man with bracves will look "funny"..:bsmilie:

i am not talking about the tat being 'painless'
of cos got to inject anesthetic into the gum before removing any tooth right ? :bsmilie:

old method will need to insert spaces to create a slot
next will insert a bracket around your last molar - this is to hold the 'braces'
is painful according to my friend and will :cry:

the new method .. dono how to explain
most impt is doesnt cause any pain

swallow about 5 rubber bands during my course of putting it
lol

I also do it around 26/27 yrs old
initially u need to spend $1k once the braces is fixed up ...

and installments when u visit the dental every month for re-tightening
$100/mth .. should be affordable when u got a full time job

i have seen patients like 60yrs old also put them :)

i am not talking about the tat being 'painless'
of cos got to inject anesthetic into the gum before removing any tooth right ? :bsmilie:

old method will need to insert spaces to create a slot
next will insert a bracket around your last molar - this is to hold the 'braces'
is painful according to my friend and will :cry:

the new method .. dono how to explain
most impt is doesnt cause any pain

swallow about 5 rubber bands during my course of putting it
lol

have you tried this 'new' method yourself? :) i don't remember it hurting apart from the usual inconveniences.

Just wanna check. How long will the whole process of braces take?

I am also thinking of putting braces but have to be financially independent first (hope to save enough for the least painful method). What is the common fee that we need to pay initially? Anyone has any idea?

I know that one of my friend actually paid ard 10k for the whole process....is it common?

have you tried this 'new' method yourself? :) i don't remember it hurting apart from the usual inconveniences.

i am ON the new method
infact i am one of those G.pigs for this new method as the doc explain to me "hes trying"

I have seen other friends .. different method as compare to mine as i explain prevously

2-3yrs depending your condition
but putting on the retainer after removing the braces is :thumbsd:
till now must teeth have not closed nicely .. suppose to put 24/7 for the first yr ..

Just wanna check. How long will the whole process of braces take?

I am also thinking of putting braces but have to be financially independent first (hope to save enough for the least painful method). What is the common fee that we need to pay initially? Anyone has any idea?

I know that one of my friend actually paid ard 10k for the whole process....is it common?

10k is so not common, UNLESS as aforementioned that he did went for inner braces.

How long....will really depend on the individual. How fast your teeth will move, how many tooths that are needed to be moved. Aside from that, there are problems like wire snapping or rubberbands gone loose. All these will result in the delay.

A very rough estimate would be 2-3 years. Well, because of my deep bite, one particular bracket kept coming off. The dentist told me there was almost no improvement for the past 6 months.:bheart:

some pple need to shift their jaw/gum in with extra procedure
will last 4-6yrs ..

doin braces is definitely painful after the tightening session.. till u can't even bite properly, need to eat porridge so that can just swallow the whole lot down. but by 2nd day it's fine liao..

but the end result is worth it man.. a nice smile is priceless and does wonders to your self-esteem. do note that u shd keep flossing because food really gets trapped in the braces very easily and it's hard to brush teeth because the braces get in the way. and the dentist should be a competent one because complications can arise.

what i mean is this : the anchor point is usually the last few teeth, yr molars. so there's this metal cover that slots into your molar (imagine the tooth as yr hand and the metal cover as a glove) and the dentist will fill it with some gooey stuff, presumably it's glue. but if u never check the gooey stuff is still there after a few mths, then food can get trapped between the tooth and the metal cover and after u remove yr braces a few years later, u will find a big hole there because it's a perfect breeding ground for bacteria to breed and eat away at your tooth. if u're lucky u can save that molar, if u're not then u'll have to pull it out.

so if u're really kiasu, maybe can request the dentist to pull everything out every year just to inspect your teeth... in retrospect, i shd have done that man.. probably will pay more but might be worth it to save a tooth or two..

4 wisdom and 4 premolars, right?

yup, just got the last 2 done abt a week back. phew. :sweat:

so if u're really kiasu, maybe can request the dentist to pull everything out every year just to inspect your teeth... in retrospect, i shd have done that man.. probably will pay more but might be worth it to save a tooth or two..

you lost some? :bigeyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.