Denon Mini Hifi System DM31

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newman

Mar 2, 2003
TBC
Looking for this set for my bedroom. Anyone knows where I can get it? :dunno:

TIA!

I saw this set @ Merdeka Audio in SLS... Costs around $600 odd.

It's a good system to get... the speakers are by Mission.

Thanks SNAG. I'll go take a look.

It should be... Although I didn't really ask. There was a price tag on the system itself.

SNAG said:
I saw this set @ Merdeka Audio in SLS... Costs around $600 odd.

It's a good system to get... the speakers are by Mission.
This is the successor to the critically acclaimed Denon DM-30 which won many awards by hi-fi mags. Not sure if the speakers are really made by Mission. From what I heard, the older DM-30 set came in two different flavours, one with speakers specially designed by Mission and one that is made by Denon themselves. Of course the Mission set is more expensive.

I nearly wanted to get this set, but after some thought, went for a seperates system instead. Costs abt 3 times of the DM-31, but much better sound quality. Of course if u looking for a budget compact midi hifi system, get the DM-31. But dun forget to audition it 1st...

Garion said:
This is the successor to the critically acclaimed Denon DM-30 which won many awards by hi-fi mags. Not sure if the speakers are really made by Mission. From what I heard, the older DM-30 set came in two different flavours, one with speakers specially designed by Mission and one that is made by Denon themselves. Of course the Mission set is more expensive.

I nearly wanted to get this set, but after some thought, went for a seperates system instead. Costs abt 3 times of the DM-31, but much better sound quality. Of course if u looking for a budget compact midi hifi system, get the DM-31. But dun forget to audition it 1st...

Hi Garion!

Yeap, the older DM30 came with 2 variants, with or without the Mission speakers. Unfortunately (or so I heard), the Mission speakers never made it to Singapore with the DM30.

The DM31 system now ships with the Mission speakers. I seem to read from somewhere that the DM31 speakers are made by Mission, as the style of the speakers are similar to their 78x series (ie, the midrange driver is located above the tweeter).

Hope this helps.. :)

I bought this set a few months ago, and yes, it comes with Mission speakers ;)

Got it from SLS, can't remember the shop's name, but it was one of the shops located on the 'outside' of SLS, not one of the shops inside the glass doors. Cheapest price I could find, and I walked through 3-4 different shops in SLS before deciding. $550 with GST

Excellent system, no regrets :thumbsup:

Gymrat76 said:
I bought this set a few months ago, and yes, it comes with Mission speakers ;)

Got it from SLS, can't remember the shop's name, but it was one of the shops located on the 'outside' of SLS, not one of the shops inside the glass doors. Cheapest price I could find, and I walked through 3-4 different shops in SLS before deciding. $550 with GST

Excellent system, no regrets :thumbsup:

Hmm ... should be Audio House then.

Try listening to seperates first. You might want to give the NAD entry level integrated amp or the Rotel RA01 or 02. Get a pair of speakers from mission.

yes yes give separate system a chance.....

go look look see see at www.echoloft.com

haha...dun blame us if you are poisoned!

haha

dEthANGeL said:

Try listening to seperates first. You might want to give the NAD entry level integrated amp or the Rotel RA01 or 02. Get a pair of speakers from mission.

Yep, I'll definitely go for separates when I can. Right now, I'm only interested in getting a compact system for my bedside table. Thanks for all the positive feedback.

plinius said:
yes yes give separate system a chance.....

go look look see see at www.echoloft.com

haha...dun blame us if you are poisoned!

haha

:bsmilie: being bitten by both the photography and hifi bug is seriously a big problem ... :think:

haha....try Cycling too!!! haha......

dEthANGeL said:
:bsmilie: being bitten by both the photography and hifi bug is seriously a big problem ... :think:

plinius said:
haha....try Cycling too!!! haha......

Erh .. i'm also into cycling that's the problem :cry:

Nearly got bitten by the cycling bug a few years back. Luckily my laziness got the better of me. :bsmilie:

OT, hi hifi buffs, Pioneer A400 integrated amplifier, clean system, super linear circuit. what does it means? probably out of production.

dEthANGeL said:

dEthANGeL, can you tell me what model would a current NAD entry level amp be, and how much it'll cost ? Also the Rotels, if you know.

Garion, what system did you end up with in the end ? And how much did it cost, if you don't mind sharing ?

Thanks, guys ... I'm looking for an entry level integrated amp, but don't want to get a lemon.

can someone recommend similar stuff like this baby, but with MP3 playing capability?

Status
Not open for further replies.