Denmark, Norway road trip in May 2010

mayngbt

Jan 11, 2010
Singapore
Hi, I am planning a trip to Denmark, Norway etc in May this year. Can anyone advise what to look out for in these places? Not sure if any agencies in Spore do these trips coz it;s quite a rare destination and also I guess the living standards is very high there;( itwill be great if anyone of you can give me some insight of these cities

Hi, I am planning a trip to Denmark, Norway etc in May this year. Can anyone advise what to look out for in these places? Not sure if any agencies in Spore do these trips coz it;s quite a rare destination and also I guess the living standards is very high there;( itwill be great if anyone of you can give me some insight of these cities

PM'ed you.

The month of May is a wonderful time to be visiting Denmark as the weather would be really pleasant given the transition from Spring to Summer. =) It's the time of year when all the Danes start coming out of their homes, onto the beaches, into the parks and organizing open-air bbqs, parties and festivals. Depending on which city you'll be visiting, there will be various festivals and events going on which you might be interested in catching.

Since I'm more acquainted with Copenhagen, I've a couple of places which you should definitely check out.

Off the top of my head, a must visit is Christiania, a free-town (if you do not know what this means, you'll know in time to come :p) located in Christianhavn, 1 metro stop away from the city centre in Kongens Nytorv. Just go google up on it and you'll be greeted with a plethora of information on what the place (Christiania) is about. Christianhavn as a location in itself is characterized by canals and bridges and low rise apartments, much like Amsterdam. To be honest, Copenhagen as a city holds alot of charm, and while being a very lively and active night-life city, still possesses a homely feel to it.

Going in the month of May means that there is another huge attraction that is open in town. Tivoli, the flagship theme park in Scandinavia, will come out of winter hibernation and burst into life during the period that you're there. It really is a glorious place where there will be live concerts organized every week, and not forgetting that it is still a fun-packed theme park :)

PM'ed you.

The month of May is a wonderful time to be visiting Denmark as the weather would be really pleasant given the transition from Spring to Summer. =) It's the time of year when all the Danes start coming out of their homes, onto the beaches, into the parks and organizing open-air bbqs, parties and festivals. Depending on which city you'll be visiting, there will be various festivals and events going on which you might be interested in catching.

Since I'm more acquainted with Copenhagen, I've a couple of places which you should definitely check out.

Off the top of my head, a must visit is Christiania, a free-town (if you do not know what this means, you'll know in time to come :p) located in Christianhavn, 1 metro stop away from the city centre in Kongens Nytorv. Just go google up on it and you'll be greeted with a plethora of information on what the place (Christiania) is about. Christianhavn as a location in itself is characterized by canals and bridges and low rise apartments, much like Amsterdam. To be honest, Copenhagen as a city holds alot of charm, and while being a very lively and active night-life city, still possesses a homely feel to it.

Going in the month of May means that there is another huge attraction that is open in town. Tivoli, the flagship theme park in Scandinavia, will come out of winter hibernation and burst into life during the period that you're there. It really is a glorious place where there will be live concerts organized every week, and not forgetting that it is still a fun-packed theme park :)
Chapterone, thanks for your valuable information.