Demographic trend

ricohflex

Feb 24, 2005
sing
Problem:
Singapore has increasing greying population.
Japan is in worse situation. Japan's population is aging faster than that of any other country in the world.
Quote from Jeffrey Hays: "A declining birthrate and an older population means that as time goes on there will more retired people and relatively less working people, which means that working people are increasingly called upon to support the retirees with their labor. "

China got 2 demographic potential issues.
Increasing greying population.
Due to 1 child policy and Chinese preference for males to continue the family surname there is imbalance of too many males vs too few females.

Country with favourable situation:
Indonesia 60 percent of its 240 million populace under 30 years of age.

Last edited:
kei1309 said:
i don't think you're worried :bsmilie:

I am! Worried that part of my pay went missing. :D

Make more babies!

From Bloomberg video.

Single Best Chart: Japan's Age Trap in China: Video - Bloomberg

oldagechinajapanchart.jpg

kei1309 said:
not true.

youths are learning how to say F**K without learning how to F**K properly

:bsmilie:

To F**k properly is not to end up with Babies... Yuckssss....

I realized 10 years ago when my models started greying. :)

old-chinese-women-yunnan-china.jpg

This is a good portrait. It shows character of the subjects and their way of life. Not all portraiture is about XMM.

We need to focus on well being instead of aggressive growth.

Time to send the guests home and do some clean up and recuperation.

watch your words bro...

some of us here are also the "guests" you're talking about

JasonB said:

But what to do when everyone is so dependent on the guests for their well-being, or feel they are too good for menial jobs, thus leaving them to the guests?

watch your words bro...

some of us here are also the "guests" you're talking about

During my Uni we studied human behavior in psychology class this a very good example of it, when things are bountiful we don't care what's going on coz we're not affected.... during rough times we start to complain and look for other ppl to blame for our miseries. Even worst during famine we will even turn to each other even our neighbors or relatives.

During my Uni we studied human behavior in psychology class this a very good example of it, when things are bountiful we don't care what's going on coz we're not affected.... during rough times we start to complain and look for other ppl to blame for our miseries. Even worst during famine we will even turn to each other even our neighbors or relatives.

turn to each other or turn on each other?