Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darren

ClubSNAP Admin
Staff member
Jan 16, 2002
Melbourne
Another semi-serious demographic poll, this time for SLR users.

gave up digital.. its film all the way for me :)

Originally posted by lavenderlilz
u gave up digital prosumer cam or DSLR?

Consumer ;)

Bumping up this thread.

Darren said:
Another semi-serious demographic poll, this time for SLR users.
Hmm...didn't see that it's D/SLR...so that counts me one as "shoot only with Film SLR" and less one for "have both, shoot mainly film".

Only have chance to touch P&S digicams...simply not up to mark in terms of response and flexibility.

Jer76 said:
gave up digital.. its film all the way for me :)

WA!!!.....you r one of the only few that i do come across which switchs from digital to film......a couple of my friends which is full time photographer did step into digital and later switched back to film base........that is one of the reason why i'm still 'stuck' with film. ;p

I got a P&S digicam....switch to film SLR.
But then....may think of switching to DSLR

film since yr 2000.

digital only when savings are enough ah..

the only digital i touched b4 is the sony mavica digicam used in army camp. it uses a 1.44mb floppy disk as media .some more the diskette must draw out those "SAF restricted property" ones. that one is really #$!*& :bsmilie:

Got a digicam for serious amateur, with a 3x F2.8 lens and all the modes including manual. Good cam for general use, but not good enough for serious stuff, especially when you need small apertures like F13, F16 or F19. :bsmilie:

So, stick to my F80. :cool:

Tried digital P&S but gave up. Now still shoot my film SLR. Would like to shoot DSLR once have enough saving.

primarily shooting film, and using my trusty FZ1 for leisure. i dont foresee myself saving to get DSLR. will probably use that money to get high quality lenses. :cool:

film slrs all the way.

inherited a digital prosumer, bring it along for everyday snaps, but if going on 'safari', a film camera is my weapon of choice.

patch17 said:
film slrs all the way.

inherited a digital prosumer, bring it along for everyday snaps, but if going on 'safari', a film camera is my weapon of choice.

yup!!
:D

Only have film SLR... no Digital SLR, but a Dightal PnS....

Still prefer the full control of a SLR...... and a film lover basically.... ;p

HA Ha, another thread to start an analogue vs digital war....

For me, just embrace the technology. There will always be people who will still stick with the "old" stuff, like tube amp, film(Some die hard B&W also), Gramophone and etc.

But today I guess it is all about turn around time. How fast can you process an image? To the general public, can they tell the difference?

From the market point of view, I think film (mid. format) will stay, but progress will be minimal.

As for those who think film is expensive, think twice. Now you can get a relatively good DSLR body at $700 - $900 (second hand), and subsequent shoot is "free". To get a relatively good film camera body cost around $400 - $700, it will continue to cost you when you process and buy the film. Each time is about $7 - $9 for 36pics? How long do you think the eventual cost of owning a film camera will catch up?

:think: :think: :think:

lightning said:
HA Ha, another thread to start an analogue vs digital war....

For me, just embrace the technology. There will always be people who will still stick with the "old" stuff, like tube amp, film(Some die hard B&W also), Gramophone and etc.

But today I guess it is all about turn around time. How fast can you process an image? To the general public, can they tell the difference?

From the market point of view, I think film (mid. format) will stay, but progress will be minimal.

As for those who think film is expensive, think twice. Now you can get a relatively good DSLR body at $700 - $900 (second hand), and subsequent shoot is "free". To get a relatively good film camera body cost around $400 - $700, it will continue to cost you when you process and buy the film. Each time is about $7 - $9 for 36pics? How long do you think the eventual cost of owning a film camera will catch up?

:think: :think: :think:

stop trying to suck us to the digital side!!! :sticktong
;p

Status
Not open for further replies.