Dell user experiences

tenjinspen

Sep 1, 2004
Singapore
www.tenjinspen.com
Hi. Am looking at purchasing a 27 inch monitor and came across Dell monitor. Any guys have any experience with their Dell customer service? It seems like their customer service is almost non-existence. After sales service is important to me.

In addition, always notice Dell online store pricing is higher than their distributors/retailers. Sometimes can be as much as $150. Any reason for it? Are we better off buying from the retailers or am i missing out something?

Hope someone can help me out on this/

My mom always has bought Dell and through their store. I have received many hand me down systems when she has upgraded. I have always had good luck with them personally. However my mom has got into trouble a few times where she called CS and had not much help from them...she always ends up calling me and if I can't help to the computer shop. Dell is decent product with the company home being in Austin Texas which is sort of techy major center in US nowadays. With all that said there are tons of alternatives out there some of them very good I would imagine since we are talking about monitors after all. Things in the comp world change so fast that you can't believe how much it has changed. PC's that are throw away units nowadays are eons beyond the best stuff of ten years ago. Still you always get what you pay for though. Dell for me = 3 out 5 stars but solid.

Last edited:
I bought my monitor from them directly via their online stores. their products ships from Malaysia.
The monitor I bought doesn't stand leveled. I gave them a called and they send a replacement over within a few days.

I would say their customer service is decent.

I bought my monitor from them directly via their online stores. their products ships from Malaysia.
The monitor I bought doesn't stand leveled. I gave them a called and they send a replacement over within a few days.

I would say their customer service is decent.

Yeah. I understand their customer service is based in msia. So there is a worries over the responsiveness of the customer service. I did try to contact them via FB and their emails but there is never a reply. Thus I am not sure whether buying from them is a safe bet since monitor is highly likely to be delivered with issues.

My mom always has bought Dell and through their store. I have received many hand me down systems when she has upgraded. I have always had good luck with them personally. However my mom has got into trouble a few times where she called CS and had not much help from them...she always ends up calling me and if I can't help to the computer shop. Dell is decent product with the company home being in Austin Texas which is sort of techy major center in US nowadays. With all that said there are tons of alternatives out there some of them very good I would imagine since we are talking about monitors after all. Things in the comp world change so fast that you can't believe how much it has changed. PC's that are throw away units nowadays are eons beyond the best stuff of ten years ago. Still you always get what you pay for though. Dell for me = 3 out 5 stars but solid.

You have any other monitors to suggest? I am basically seeking for the following:

1. IPS Panel
2. 27 inch
3. Vesa compatible
4. Anti-glare
5. 2540x1440

Hi. Am looking at purchasing a 27 inch monitor and came across Dell monitor. Any guys have any experience with their Dell customer service? It seems like their customer service is almost non-existence. After sales service is important to me.

In addition, always notice Dell online store pricing is higher than their distributors/retailers. Sometimes can be as much as $150. Any reason for it? Are we better off buying from the retailers or am i missing out something?

Hope someone can help me out on this/

Dell is OK. Many corporates buy Dell systems, coz they r cheap and reliable. Hahaha.

I used Dell monitor and PCs for years in my office. So it's proven.

Whatever it is, never buy Fujitsu....

Maybe look at semi pro Eizo...or drop the big bucks and get top of the line bad to the bone unit. Samsung also a good pick. Additional thing about Dell is their product tends to run hot in my experience.

Dell is OK. Many corporates buy Dell systems, coz they r cheap and reliable. Hahaha.

I used Dell monitor and PCs for years in my office. So it's proven.

Whatever it is, never buy Fujitsu....

You are right about it as well. I do agree they are reliable.

I bought my Dell monitor few yrs back at Dell Exclusive store (not those distributors shop) at Funan. Where u can look at the physical products and place order.
I remember there some discount compare to order online.

Didn't need any customer service, the monitors simply work.

Yeah. I understand their customer service is based in msia. So there is a worries over the responsiveness of the customer service. I did try to contact them via FB and their emails but there is never a reply. Thus I am not sure whether buying from them is a safe bet since monitor is highly likely to be delivered with issues.

Just call them. They are very responsive . You can actually ask for discount over the phone.

Maybe look at semi pro Eizo...or drop the big bucks and get top of the line bad to the bone unit. Samsung also a good pick. Additional thing about Dell is their product tends to run hot in my experience.

My monitor is not too hot. Anyway can't go wrong with Dell ips panels as long as you do a little homework and read a few reviews

My DELL U3011 is reliable and going on 6 years. Came fully calibrated for colors which is great for my graphic work and photography touch up. They have a printout that accompanied the unit they deliver to me which explain the calibration details..etc. And I have had other Dell before including the office I formerly worked which I specifically asked for another Dells. 24 monitor. None have gave me any problem.

For me... after sale is never an issue for quality and reliability. IN fact I never gave any thought about the warranty heheh "Fire and Forget"

The 27" top end model ( http://www.dell.com/gh/business/p/dell-u2713h/pd ) will be worth every cent you pay like the well known U3011 which even before I got mine has had a long history of being problem free.

Last edited:
All my monitors over the last 10 years are all Dell.

When it comes to monitor customer service, if it's still under warranty, they will replace your faulty monitor with a refurbished unit.
My U2711 is almost 5 years old already and if I want to upgrade, I'll be getting a Dell monitor too.

If you want high-end, check out the UP2716D. Reviews are on Youtube.

If cheaper, U2717 not too bad.