Dell Ultrasharp U2711 27" IPS LCD Monitor

erm...does dell direct store allows cash payment?

For those who are still sitting on the fence, I would suggest that you buy it now to avoid disappointment due to out of stock in the future. I bought it in Feb when there was a similar promotion and subsequently for the next 2 months, there is no stock from Dell.

Anyway, here is a picture of the U2711 on my desk to give you guys a sense of proportion compared to my 15" MBP. :)

4670536513_8ed95260b9_b.jpg

Where did you get that plastic sheet beneath your keyboard?

Ah ok, thanks! I need one for my table underneath the keyboard too. :)

Ah ok, thanks! I need one for my table underneath the keyboard too. :)

why ar? :dunno:

anyways, i was thinking of 2 diagonal laptop screens and my jaw dropped.

on the bright side, i don't have to scold people on clubsnap for posting 1000 pixel images...

The 2711 very the chio man
If only I can get two of these and placed them side by side,
that would be a nice advanced Christmas present :bigeyes:
;p

why ar? :dunno:

anyways, i was thinking of 2 diagonal laptop screens and my jaw dropped.

on the bright side, i don't have to scold people on clubsnap for posting 1000 pixel images...

Because my desk is very old and the lamination is peeling off from the desk top. Anyway, here is my desk with the U2711. At the right is my 14" Sony Vaio. So as you can see, it is not really that big lar. :)

my_desk.jpg

erm...does dell direct store allows cash payment?

Ok... I called them up for you. The lady who answered the hotline has no idea at all whether they can accept cash at Dell Direct stores (Funan or Suntec). And when I asked her for the stores' number, she has no idea too. She looks like only know how to take orders.

And so.... I used the Dell online chat. The guy who answered is more knowledgeable. He said they can only take credit cards, cheque, or TT at that two stores. No cash or nets payment. But, he said if you go down to the Dell booth at PC show, they will be able to accept cash or nets.

so, BBB! ;p

Hope that helps. :)

Look at the "Dell Special Offer" section just below the "Discounted Price". :)

get 4x 24" monitor s !!! hehe link them in a circle around you !! and get a headache searching for icons !! haha

get 4x 24" monitor s !!! hehe link them in a circle around you !! and get a headache searching for icons !! haha

Haha like that become omni theater liao. And then you must have a motorized platform to lift up the monitors when you want to get out. :bsmilie:

Last edited:
Ok... I called them up for you. The lady who answered the hotline has no idea at all whether they can accept cash at Dell Direct stores (Funan or Suntec). And when I asked her for the stores' number, she has no idea too. She looks like only know how to take orders.

And so.... I used the Dell online chat. The guy who answered is more knowledgeable. He said they can only take credit cards, cheque, or TT at that two stores. No cash or nets payment. But, he said if you go down to the Dell booth at PC show, they will be able to accept cash or nets.

so, BBB! ;p

Hope that helps. :)

thank you. :)

anyway get 1x Eyefinity 12 + 12x 27" LCD = goodness! :p

Anyone sporting the idea of placing two U2711 side by side, one in portrait, the other in landscape. Looks funny but u get best of both worlds.

:)

The U2711 can't be set into portrait mode.

Got the U2711, using it as 2nd monitor on my mac bk pro. Am having a hard time calibrating it to look the same (color) as my mac's LCD. Used syder 3 pro also didn't produce accurate color...help! anyone having similar issue? resolution doesn't look great, is it because of the output from mac? already selected 1920x1080 resolution on the mac... :(