Dell U2410 feedback

Hein

Jun 19, 2003
Singapore
www.pbase.com
Hi All,

I am looking for a good 24" monitor, and the Dell U2410 seems to be a decent purchase. however, I am seeing mixed reviews so far online(main concerns are slight color cast issues seen).

Anybody have the above monitor and can give some feedback?? If not, any other monitor to recommend??? The card reader on the U2410 seems attractive too.

Also, any recommendation for color calibration kit??? How's the Spyder 3 Pro???

I am using this monitor. I don't really see any colour cast problems at all out of the box. The colours look very natural and vibrant to me. In any case, I always calibrate my monitors anyway. Spyder 3 is a good and easy to use calibrator. I'm using Spyder 3 Elite.

If you are decided in getting this monitor, do order it from the Dell shop at Funan instead of online. You can ask for and get a bigger discount than that offered online if you order your set through the shop.

I am using this monitor. I don't really see any colour cast problems at all out of the box. The colours look very natural and vibrant to me. In any case, I always calibrate my monitors anyway. Spyder 3 is a good and easy to use calibrator. I'm using Spyder 3 Elite.

If you are decided in getting this monitor, do order it from the Dell shop at Funan instead of online. You can ask for and get a bigger discount than that offered online if you order your set through the shop.
i did not noe that the shop can get more discount!

i own this monitor, so far only one similar problem i encounter from most of the users reported in other forum.

the only problem i have is when use RGB mode, there are patches on black background, i wish i have spyder to do manual calibrate... wahhaa

Last edited:
i did not noe that the shop can get more discount!

i own this monitor, so far only one similar problem i encounter from most of the users reported in other forum.

the only problem i have is when use RGB mode, there are patches on black background, i wish i have spyder to do manual calibrate... wahhaa

Thanks.. Any idea whether this problem can be resolved through calibration, or it's an issue with the panel itself?

as long u are not using the 2 RGB mode preset by dell. you can manual calibrate using spyder. the patches will not appear. for your info other preset mode is not affected.

DELL U2410 is one of the best IPS (H-IPS) monitors that you can find. Do note that there are cheaper variants like E-IPS floating around in the market. Further the backlighting is managed by 7 CCFL U-type system which produces uniform backlighting across all angles / locations albeit with the higher power consumption. Each monitor is calibrated in the factory and the calibration results are attached in the package. Not forgetting the brightness 400 CD/m² ;)

If you're looking for a 24" IPS monitor, look no further as other vendors have a comparable product for a much higher price tag.

PS: The card reader doesn't have any CF reader / slot which is a major design flaw as the target audience for this monitor is professionals ;)

DELL U2410 is one of the best IPS (H-IPS) monitors that you can find. Do note that there are cheaper variants like E-IPS floating around in the market. Further the backlighting is managed by 7 CCFL U-type system which produces uniform backlighting across all angles / locations albeit with the higher power consumption. Each monitor is calibrated in the factory and the calibration results are attached in the package. Not forgetting the brightness 400 CD/m² ;)

If you're looking for a 24" IPS monitor, look no further as other vendors have a comparable product for a much higher price tag.

PS: The card reader doesn't have any CF reader / slot which is a major design flaw as the target audience for this monitor is professionals ;)

Thanks for the feedback. The specs does look great.. I still want more user feedback(good or bad) from Singapore....

Huh.. No CF card??? That's the only reader that I actually need.. That's definitely a design flaw on this 'pro' monitor

Thanks for the feedback. The specs does look great.. I still want more user feedback(good or bad) from Singapore....

Huh.. No CF card??? That's the only reader that I actually need.. That's definitely a design flaw on this 'pro' monitor

I'm not simply quoting the specs dude.. Play around with this monitor and you'll never look back at el-cheapo TN panels anymore..This is based on my personal experience IMHO.

using one of this. my 1st set has serious colour cast, pink on left and green on right side. 2nd set they send a refurbished, kenna screwed by me.

3rd time lucky :)

check Hardwarezone forum for more feedbacks.

using one of this. my 1st set has serious colour cast, pink on left and green on right side. 2nd set they send a refurbished, kenna screwed by me.

3rd time lucky :)

check Hardwarezone forum for more feedbacks.

Thanks.. I checked hardwarezone, and the feedback yet is not so great.. Seems people are waiting for the new revision of this monitor.

the first batch most of them got QC problem.

but if you get a good set, the only problem left is the patch appearing in sRGB mode.

but if you using color calibrator, u may max the potential of this monitor. i thinking if i should get one of the calibrator.

overall this is a great monitor, i neber like to look at other TNT monitor once i got this monitor. the brightness and the contrast is really good!

Last edited:
the first batch most of them got QC problem.

but if you get a good set, the only problem left is the patch appearing in sRGB mode.

but if you using color calibrator, u may max the potential of this monitor. i thinking if i should get one of the calibrator.

overall this is a great monitor, i neber like to look at other TNT monitor once i got this monitor. the brightness and the contrast is really good!
it's not that a calibrator is needed to max out the potential. it's more like a calibrator is REQUIRED if you're serious about the colors of your images and prints. =D

Could be me but I find the calibration very difficult and not accurate.

In the end I got 2 x Ezio Coloredge210W instead. The Dell is now in my store room :(
unker i noe ur storeroom very full liao.. i cans generously offers my table spaces to put your dell. =p

ordered on new year, got a knock from dell 1 hr ago, setup the monitor and quite please with the output,

cheers

it's A01 and so far so good ,,,

cheers

I have the A00 version. It has this weird yellow cast on the left side and goes slightly blueish to the right. Its not noticeable immediately but since I work on plain white or gray background so its really quite annoying. Colour wise, all the other modes in the monitor are pretty useless if you need to calibrate. Stick with the default settings and calibrate. It will save you a lot of time. The card reader is missing the CF slot which is such a shame. Comparing the U2410 with my older 2408, the blacks aren't that great and viewing angles are pretty much over hyped in their website. It's pretty poor for a H-IPS panel I must say.

Other than that, if you are looking for a decent 24" available in the market today, the U2410 is your best bet.

Wah A01 version out already, thinking of getting this monitor, I saw that this has a DisplayPort interface..

Could I connect this to 2 computers and the display showing both on screen? meaning if I get a MacMini connect it to the DisplayPort and at the same time I connect my Dell XPS Desktop to DVI port, will the Dell U2410 show both on the same screen if I view in Picture-In-Picture?

../azul123