Dell or Viewsonic LCD to get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

josho

Nov 27, 2004
Jln Teck Whye
pboong.com
As topic mentioned. Im kinda deciding these 2 brand. Dell 20"/24" or Viewsonic 2025. Which is consider a better buy thou.

I know there's quite a number of ppl got Viewsonic LCD, but how abt the Dell LCD user? Any complain so far. Would to compare these 2 panel before I can really decide on it. Dell is currently havin discount on both 20"24" LCD.

Thanks to all. :cool:

watch out for the Dell offer. The current 20" panel is not the ultrasharp one (they were offering that at $699).

I bought the viewsonic, while I am not unhappy with it, the Dell's onsite 3yr warranty is tempting as they will loan you a panel while fixing. My viewsonic has developed some button problem (the buttons get stuck) and it takes 7 days to service (standard reply when asked) plus you have to lug it to the repair shop.

As topic mentioned. Im kinda deciding these 2 brand. Dell 20"/24" or Viewsonic 2025. Which is consider a better buy thou.

I know there's quite a number of ppl got Viewsonic LCD, but how abt the Dell LCD user? Any complain so far. Would to compare these 2 panel before I can really decide on it. Dell is currently havin discount on both 20"24" LCD.

Using the Dell 2407FWP 24" LCD. Its a good panel, very nice to watch movies on it and of course for gaming. :)

However, there have been issues with banding on the gradients for the older revisions of this monitor (mine included), but I barely notice it. Lots of people complain on the Dell forums, but seriously, in most real-world applications, its not noticeable. They have apparently fixed it in the latest revision (A03), so you prob won't have to face this 'problem' at all

watch out for the Dell offer. The current 20" panel is not the ultrasharp one (they were offering that at $699).

I bought the viewsonic, while I am not unhappy with it, the Dell's onsite 3yr warranty is tempting as they will loan you a panel while fixing. My viewsonic has developed some button problem (the buttons get stuck) and it takes 7 days to service (standard reply when asked) plus you have to lug it to the repair shop.

You can extend the Dell warranty to 5 years for just $49 more :)

Tempting liao... look like Dell.. slurp... but $1699 :( exp man...

Yo josho, get the Dell 24 inch.
No complains for me so far.
You will appreciate and love it, for sure.

7.jpg

Solid PC. I wonder how is it feels to play those shooters game.

Solid PC. I wonder how is it feels to play those shooters game.

Very nice... esp since newer games support widescreen... but you need a good video card also... so be warned..may need to upgrade both card and monitor in the end :bsmilie:

swee man.. king tiger.. where is ur movie that i wanna borrow? :p

U ultimately Dell Fan...

silver.wolf, darrelchia, witness, king tiger = my bad frenz.. :( Looking at the price... stated.. 1700 not 170. :p

swee man.. king tiger.. where is ur movie that i wanna borrow? :p

U ultimately Dell Fan...

silver.wolf, darrelchia, witness, king tiger = my bad frenz.. :( Looking at the price... stated.. 1700 not 170. :p

Dell prices fluctuates all the time (up to several times a week). I got mine a few months ago at $1299 with 5 year warranty. Wait until SITEX 06, the price will go down. Keep monitoring the website, they will even offer SITEX/PC SHOW prices online, so no need to go down also

I shall wait patiently... Pray hard... hehe... How, Vortex.. Lets get together! Haha

for dell systems ah, if say after buying a set already, i'd like to change out the MOBO to a better one, can i just swap it out?

last time the dimension simi LX series, after switch mobo, the proprietory power on and reset buttons can't fit coz it comes in a PCB :S

am thinking of getting a dell series and mod it ehre and there till it is better performance

for dell systems ah, if say after buying a set already, i'd like to change out the MOBO to a better one, can i just swap it out?

last time the dimension simi LX series, after switch mobo, the proprietory power on and reset buttons can't fit coz it comes in a PCB :S

am thinking of getting a dell series and mod it ehre and there till it is better performance

You would have to go back to them for the upgrade. That is when they suck your blood:bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.