DELL 2407 FPW Widescreen Display

Status
Not open for further replies.
Errz said:
heh, just like after I use a 19inch crt, I cannot tahan screen smaller than that anymore
actually is due to the resolution.... :(
sign...
can't get the traditional 19" CRT 1600x1200

I'm using the 2407 actually. My comments?

Colours very nice, especially after calibration with Eye1. However, note the following:

1. Native resolution is 1920x1200, so if you're buying it for gaming, make sure you have a good video card.. my 6600GT is barely coping when at full resolution :bsmilie:

On a more serious note, the monitor has the following 'issues':

1. Displays gradient banding on DVI inputs. There are 3 modes, on Desktop mode, Dell made a 'fix' by disabling some processing function. This has cut down the horizontal banding significantly in that mode, but vertical banding is still present, and there is still horizontal banding in the other 2 modes (gaming and multimedia, i think).

2. There's a problem displaying 1600x1200 in 4:3 mode, unless you use nVidia card and can force the card to display in 4:3

3. There was some reported problems with 1080i using component inputs, but can't confirm this as I don't use component on this.

Overall, I love this monitor, big clear and sharp. The banding is not obvious 95% of the time, so it doesn't bother me. The one at Suntec is the older 2405, which does not have banding, so you can't compare directly.

_espn_ said:
GYR, how muchie you paid for it?

Initially I ordered at $1349, then had to wait 2 weeks for delivery. In that time, it dropped to $1299. I called Dell up and got a ~$50 on the difference, since I had not gotten the monitor yet. So, essentially I paid $1299 :)

Excellent widescreen panel for gaming, which I use it for mostly... also good for DVD movies and anime...wow! Especially since I watch all movies on my PC and not my 24" TV in the living room :bsmilie:

Gymrat76 said:
Initially I ordered at $1349, then had to wait 2 weeks for delivery. In that time, it dropped to $1299. I called Dell up and got a ~$50 on the difference, since I had not gotten the monitor yet. So, essentially I paid $1299 :)

Excellent widescreen panel for gaming, which I use it for mostly... also good for DVD movies and anime...wow! Especially since I watch all movies on my PC and not my 24" TV in the living room :bsmilie:
Hmmm now you're tempting me, :think: Wonder if my ATI 9250 can support the output. Was thinking of getting it to use on my PC and retire my 19" as video-out from my Mac. :think:

_espn_ said:
Hmmm now you're tempting me, :think: Wonder if my ATI 9250 can support the output. Was thinking of getting it to use on my PC and retire my 19" as video-out from my Mac. :think:

B!B!B! Your R9250 can support for sure, since it can go up to 2048 x 1536 :)

If using for photo editing and movies, will be excellent... if you wanna game, well, either use lower res, or upgrade your vid card :bsmilie:

Dell has interest-free installment plan with CitiBank and some other bank credit card, so no need to think liao :devil:

Gymrat76 said:
B!B!B! Your R9250 can support for sure, since it can go up to 2048 x 1536 :)

If using for photo editing and movies, will be excellent... if you wanna game, well, either use lower res, or upgrade your vid card :bsmilie:

Dell has interest-free installment plan with CitiBank and some other bank credit card, so no need to think liao :devil:
Ah, GYR, you is very bad, don't tempt me :sticktong

I was wondering if my current Samsung 19" LCD retires maybe next year end (3 years) the Dell or Apple would be my next in choice (prefer Apple of course).

Since my mbp supports spanning & itself is a WA screen, thought of going wide with my next purchase :think:

_espn_ said:

I was wondering if my current Samsung 19" LCD retires maybe next year end (3 years) the Dell or Apple would be my next in choice (prefer Apple of course).

Since my mbp supports spanning & itself is a WA screen, thought of going wide with my next purchase :think:

Next year ah? Cheh... by then you better go for the 30" LCD lor :what:

PLEASE BUY

unless u can afford the ACD.

but i think between the ACD 23" and (i think gotta top up a bit for) 2x2407.. i would choose 2x2407. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

_espn_ said:

Buy lah .. MTL. u know u NEED it.

swampthing said:
Will this one blow up anot? :p

Walau! Touchwood! :sweat:

It does get pretty hot at the back, but I heard its normal :sweatsm:

Tempting :thumbsup:... saw this @ at a HWZner's place when i collected some stuff... asked him to demo ... very refined.

Pity - HP Singapore doesn't carry stock of their monitor which rivals to this dell...

Hi...anyone can help enlighten me on the foot print this monitor will need to take up?...heh...cos my desk actually velly small liaoz...went to the Dell website...funny they don't put dimensions...if anyone got the 20" dimension would greatly appreciate that info as well...thnx all...

Status
Not open for further replies.