Dell 24 inch LCD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beachboy

Feb 5, 2004
Singapore, Jurong East
anyone here had purchased Dell 24inch LCd monitor......

i need your feedback on the following point...

1) how long you need to wait for the good to arrived.
2) let say if you are not at home when they delivery the LCD then how are you going to collect it.
3) ffeedback from your usage. dead pixcel or problem with the LCD?

thanks in advance

Beachboy said:
anyone here had purchased Dell 24inch LCd monitor......

i need your feedback on the following point...

1) how long you need to wait for the good to arrived.
2) let say if you are not at home when they delivery the LCD then how are you going to collect it.
3) ffeedback from your usage. dead pixcel or problem with the LCD?

thanks in advance

1)About 3-4 days
2)They call you first to set a time.
3)No dead pixel. Using it for 6 months and loving every minute of it.:)

yuyt said:

Just wondering what video card are you using to drive it ?
as some ppl said they can't see the BIOS when using that screen. thx.

yuyt said:
1)About 3-4 days
2)They call you first to set a time.
Thanks for the feedback... i also wondering what video card you using to drive i, coz i plan to using my notebook to drive it

Same as yuyt...3 or 4 working days upon placing order.
The delivery man will call to check if I'm home.
No dead pixel.

I'm using ATI X800XT -> DVI input.

Never tried using notebook but, I think so long as your graphics card got at least 64MB RAM, should be able to do 1920x1200.

thanks for sharing.......... mine is intel graphic cards leh duno can drive or not :confused: .... maybe have to buy PB liau :cry:

Beachboy said:
thanks for sharing.......... mine is intel graphic cards leh duno can drive or not :confused: .... maybe have to buy PB liau :cry:

izzit a new notebook?

Have used with the a laptop before, no problem with the resolution but not too sure about speed of using with Photoshop as I used this to test the monitor only.

I have used it with a Radeon 9000 card with no issue. However, sometimes the screen would become fuzzy. A quick fix would be to change the screen settings and everything would be fine again. This issue I put down to the card because with my new fangled graphic card I do not see this problem

Beachboy said:
here it show that it can go up to 2048x1536 on CRT....

http://www.intel.com/products/chipsets/eg2/index.htm

btw dell go show room or not .... cause i wana go test first

I think it should be ok. But, connecting the normal VGA cable at such a high resolution may result in fuzzy or shimmering images. Watch out for that.

There is a dell counter in Suntec City. Not sure they got this monitor there or not though.

b18 said:
Just wondering what video card are you using to drive it ?
as some ppl said they can't see the BIOS when using that screen. thx.

I'm using it with a MacMini with DVI.
It could recognised the 24" Dell and able to do 1920x1200.:)

robotech said:
I think it should be ok. But, connecting the normal VGA cable at such a high resolution may result in fuzzy or shimmering images. Watch out for that.

There is a dell counter in Suntec City. Not sure they got this monitor there or not though.
will drop by and see... thanks for the advice :)

yuyt said:
I'm using it with a MacMini with DVI.
It could recognised the 24" Dell and able to do 1920x1200.:)
i am considering to get PB to drive this display but dun dare to cross over to MAC;p

Beachboy said:
i am considering to get PB to drive this display but dun dare to cross over to MAC;p

Me too in the begining. So, got a Mac mini to try out. Took me 3 months to get used to it and explore its posibilities. But now, there is no turning back. umm..... :think: time to upgrade liao....

I got a Dell 24 LCD monitor together with a Dell Pentium D-based PC. Graphics card used is a 256M nVidia GeForce 6800. Order came about a week. Delivery people called before delivering.

LCD worked perfectly out of the box. No dead pixels. Took quite a while for me to get use to the big screen size. I calibrated the monitor using EyeOne. Very happy with the monitor. However, one of the very few things I do not like is the screen too damn bright! Even when you turn the brightness level to 0 it is still very bright so please brighten up your room when using it to save your eyes.

You have to connect to the DVI port to get the most out of this monitor. I tried using the VGA port and the images/texts are substandard.

yuyt said:
Me too in the begining. So, got a Mac mini to try out. Took me 3 months to get used to it and explore its posibilities. But now, there is no turning back. umm..... :think: time to upgrade liao....
upgrade to what ? PB

Leongfm said:
I got a Dell 24 LCD monitor together with a Dell Pentium D-based PC. Graphics card used is a 256M nVidia GeForce 6800. Order came about a week. Delivery people called before delivering.

LCD worked perfectly out of the box. No dead pixels. Took quite a while for me to get use to the big screen size. I calibrated the monitor using EyeOne. Very happy with the monitor. However, one of the very few things I do not like is the screen too damn bright! Even when you turn the brightness level to 0 it is still very bright so please brighten up your room when using it to save your eyes.

You have to connect to the DVI port to get the most out of this monitor. I tried using the VGA port and the images/texts are substandard.
wah like that then i have to reconsider to buy this big LCD

Leongfm said:

Yes...it's very bright!

Many times, my pictures that are underexposed looks ok on this monitor but when i send for printing, the gotta adjust it up a bit. Thats at brightness set to 0.

Other then that...it's awesome for Photoshop and games, although u would need a super 3D card to play games at 1920x1200 smooth.

Status
Not open for further replies.