Dell™ 2405FPW 24 UltraSharp Wide Screen LCD Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
knoxknocks said:
Not too sure...but I'm taking delivery of the new dell 20" LCD this afternoon :vhappy:

Let me know how's the quailty. The 24" wide is really tempting.. :bsmilie: The price is now is S$1829 till 15/07/05.

Wow, they are finally selling it in SG. I was looking for this monitor ever since i saw the CNET Review

Extremely rare to have a user rating of 9.9 even with 24 respondents. :bigeyes:

Cyberian said:

It's a very good general purpose LCD monitor. I won't buy it for critical Photoshop work though. I'd still go with good CRTs for mission critical DI.

You would have to ask yourself how serious your photoshopping needs really are. The price is nice. Most panels have come down tremendously.

FWIW. If you like an even wider aspect, especially for wraparound gaming needs as well, 3 x Viewsonic VP191b is just slightly more than one of these 24 inch Dells. Now that one is a VERY good class LCD for general purpose use.

kahheng said:
It's a very good general purpose LCD monitor. I won't buy it for critical Photoshop work though. I'd still go with good CRTs for mission critical DI.

You would have to ask yourself how serious your photoshopping needs really are. The price is nice. Most panels have come down tremendously.

FWIW. If you like an even wider aspect, especially for wraparound gaming needs as well, 3 x Viewsonic VP191b is just slightly more than one of these 24 inch Dells. Now that one is a VERY good class LCD for general purpose use.

Can I know how much it cost for the Viewsonic VP191b LCD monitor? Thank you in advance dude. ;)

Spectrum said:
Can I know how much it cost for the Viewsonic VP191b LCD monitor? Thank you in advance dude. ;)

Fuwell is selling it for $749 with a free DVI cable. Price is from two days ago. The price is probably inclusive of GST. 3 years warranty.

VX924 is $859. VX912 is less than $649 (some special price they want you to ask).

kahheng said:

I'm not the critical type and also not into gaming :p, so should be ok for me. The next thing is which VGA card cand give me 1920 x 1200 resolution, true color in 32bit :dunno: ? Currently I'm using Matrox G450.

Cyberian said:
I'm not the critical type and also not into gaming :p, so should be ok for me. The next thing is which VGA card cand give me 1920 x 1200 resolution, true color in 32bit :dunno: ? Currently I'm using Matrox G450.

The Matrox Millenium P750.. It can support 2 of those panels at once..

I doubt that you can get any graphics adaptor officially capable of 1920 x 1200 @ 32bit at this point in time. Even the Parhelia listed above is only capable of 24bits colour on each output at that resolution..

Edit: Made a slight mistake here.. I meant that no commercial units that are affordable are officially capable of 1920 x 1200 @ 32 bits over DVI..

You can get most cards to transmit at 1920 x 1200 @ 32 bits over analog VGA output but the VGA cable must be of sufficiently good quality to prevent the signal from degrading..

In addition to that, most cards have a low-pass filter that cuts off the signal too low to be truely capable of such an output. This is largely due to having to meet certain RFI/ EMI emissions criteria.

Firefox said:
The Matrox Millenium P750.. It can support 2 of those panels at once..

I doubt that you can get any graphics adaptor officially capable of 1920 x 1200 @ 32bit at this point in time. Even the Parhelia listed above is only capable of 24bits colour on each output at that resolution..

In this case, I'll stick to my Matrox G450. :p

Cyberian said:
In this case, I'll stick to my Matrox G450. :p

You might wish to borrow a DVI capable card from someone to test out... Something like a Nvidia 6600 or ATI 9600 based card..

They should be able to transmit 24 bits over the DVI but you may need to enable certain driver functions like "Reduce DVI frequency on high-resolution display" or "Use Alternate DVI mode" to prevent corruption on the display.

Status
Not open for further replies.