deletion of post w/o PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

golgolex

May 29, 2004
Hello my dears,

Has my post been deleted? Gone in 2 hours flat and no PM to let me know? You know, it's only courteous to let people know. At a foreign forum I went to, the moderators were good enough to send me an email to tell me my post was deleted because it was considered an ad.

By all means delete the post, but let me know. It may be an ad, but it's still polite to inform.

What's wrong with local forums such as yours? Want to be the best, then act like the best. Clubsnap, indeed.

Golgolex.

golgolex said:
Hello my dears,

Has my post been deleted? Gone in 2 hours flat and no PM to let me know? You know, it's only courteous to let people know. At a foreign forum I went to, the moderators were good enough to send me an email to tell me my post was deleted because it was considered an ad.

By all means delete the post, but let me know. It may be an ad, but it's still polite to inform.

What's wrong with local forums such as yours? Want to be the best, then act like the best. Clubsnap, indeed.

Golgolex.

You knowingly broke a rule and expect courtesy? :thumbsd: :thumbsd: to you.......

Hi guys,

Before I posted, I checked your "Kopitiam" guidelines and did not see any rules against ads. Also, the "Kopitiam" folder welcomes informal chat and general talk. As my website is new and promotes a useful service for the community, I posted it here so people will know where to look when they need help. Furthermore, I saw that somebody had advertised for "Limited Edition $10 commemorative notes".

At the very least, the moderators could have put my website under the "Junk/Testing" Folder.

chngpe01, you look like a nice enough guy and it's surprising that you should be rude, especially to a new visitor.

AReality, I do not know what you mean by "wat's your real nick?
Why U hiding behind another nick?". My name is Golgolex. My website is named after me. I do not have any other nick. And I do not believe in having many nicks.

Well, if you guys or any others need my editorial services, just give me a holler any time. I'll be at the Teahouse (click on the left icon of the main GES page http://ges.bravehost.com).

Golgolex.

golgolex said:
Hello my dears,

Golgolex.

Politeness and courtesy, indeed.

golgolex said:
Hi guys,
chngpe01, you look like a nice enough guy and it's surprising that you should be rude, especially to a new visitor.

Golgolex.

There is a limit and breaking point to the type of posting that are directed to the ppl in this forum. And the last sentence certainly tested my limits. I just simply detest such statement. If you have an issue with the moderators then direct it at them. And not at the ppl like us in the forum, I quote "what wrong with the forum such as yours?" Being a member of clubsnap, I will certainly take issue with ppl who just barge in and speak ill of this forum. Let us contribute positively in this local forum.

Ok, this will be my last post here (good riddance, I hear you say). Well, ok. Have it your way. I'm pretty upset myself that you guys are antagonistic. It's strange. Since you guys replied to my post here, I answered.

It's odd that chngpe01 should tell me to direct my comments at the moderators. Hell, this post was under Feedback, for cry'in out loud. It was meant to be read by the moderators until you guys replied. Well, did you fellas even get to read my little post earlier (the one that was deleted)? If not, you shouldn't attack without provocation.

Ok, back off now. Go back to...whatever it was you fellas were doing before I fell in. No harm done. Shoo. Slowly now. Slow..ly. *growling sounds from the guys*

Golgolex.

golgolex said:
AReality, I do not know what you mean by "wat's your real nick?
Why U hiding behind another nick?". My name is Golgolex. My website is named after me. I do not have any other nick. And I do not believe in having many nicks.

Since the number beside your "No. of post" showed only "1" before your last post, I've assumed that you've registered another nick & posted those comments.

Golgolex,

First of all, please RE-READ ClubSNAP's Terms of Use. Take particular note of item #8. That is the reason why your very first post on ClubSNAP was removed by one of our moderators.

Secondly, your last statement in the opening post of this thread is the reason why many members have responded negatively. Next time, I would suggest you try to word your feedback with less sting, I'm sure you'll find that pple here are generally a friendly bunch.

Regards,
Edmund
ClubSNAP Admin

Hi,

I found post #1 and #2 only assumptions......post #3 is childish.....people here are abit sensitive I find. If you really found his last sentence too much, I think we have seen worse cases here. Come one aren't we mature people? Can't we take some attacks before stinging back? Give him some break..his post was deleted, without being warned, give him some understanding why he is pissed off. He likely didn't read the main posting guidelines......anyway, isn't kopitiam (if he placed his ad there) to be exactly that: talk about anything under the sun?..........if not then there should be a revision of the rules for the kopitiam thread.

Sometimes people here use a small wrong word, and its almost like hell breaks loose! As if they are personally attacked, people are just too sensitive......

I encountered the same thing about an ad on a miniDV I wanted to sell, the moderator deleted my ad saying that it was against the rules, well I had to point out to him that it wasn't against the rules! Hmmmm....a moderator that doesn't even know the rules? Took along while to get a response.....I had to repeat my message before getting a response. Swift in deleting but slow in responding when in the fault?

I am sure I will be attacked after this, but its ok, let your ego work abit.....

Hong Sien

hongsien said:
Hi,

I found post #1 and #2 only assumptions......post #3 is childish.....people here are abit sensitive I find. If you really found his last sentence too much, I think we have seen worse cases here. Come one aren't we mature people? Can't we take some attacks before stinging back? Give him some break..his post was deleted, without being warned, give him some understanding why he is pissed off. He likely didn't read the main posting guidelines......anyway, isn't kopitiam (if he placed his ad there) to be exactly that: talk about anything under the sun?..........if not then there should be a revision of the rules for the kopitiam thread.

From golgolex's post I can see that this is not the first time his ad has been deleted by a forum mod/admin because of violation of the website's terms of use. He should have read and understood our terms of use before he started using our forum. When his post was deleted he could have reviewed the terms of use or PM one of the moderator to ask for the reason, instead he chose to make a fuss in the feedback section over not given a reason for the deletion.

I agree with you that there is no need for other members to start attacking Golgolex here, and leave the matter to the mods and admins, but i also feel that your comments have to be fair to CS also.

The terms of use is the basic rules for CS that applies to all subforums, and it specifically stated that no commercial advertising is allowed without the consent of CS admininstration. I don't understand why you still think that there is a need to revise the Kopitiam guidelines. Isn't the terms of use clear and specific enough?

hongsien said:
Sometimes people here use a small wrong word, and its almost like hell breaks loose! As if they are personally attacked, people are just too sensitive......

I don't see how this statement applies here. golgolex's post here is a lot more than a "small wrong word". While I still agree that the posts by other members in this thread are largely unnecessary, you got to understand that his accusations of CS being impolite is contradictory of his own remarks against us.

hongsien said:
I encountered the same thing about an ad on a miniDV I wanted to sell, the moderator deleted my ad saying that it was against the rules, well I had to point out to him that it wasn't against the rules! Hmmmm....a moderator that doesn't even know the rules? Took along while to get a response.....I had to repeat my message before getting a response. Swift in deleting but slow in responding when in the fault?

While the definition of commercial ad can be very clear and specific, the defition of whether a piece of equipment can be considered directly related to photography can be grey some times. The mod/admin team's initial definition is that as long the PRIMARY function of a piece of equipment is directly related to photography, then members can place WTS/WTB ads. And by photography we are referring to still photography.

With that definition we realise that different people can still have different interpretations. Take the case for a MiniDV, one can argue that the PRIMARY function is not for still photography, but on the other hand, one can also argue that that is entirely up the to user whether he wants to use it to take more stills than video.

What I am trying to say here is that when we encounter such cases, usually the moderators admins will discuss about it to reach an agreement on the classification.

For your case then, the moderator initially had the same interpretation as I did, and thus your ad was removed. When you questioned him the matter was then brought up for discussion with the other mods and we agreed to allow video cam ads. Your accusations that the moderator does not know the rules and that we are fast to delete and slow to respond when in the fault is thus completely baseless.

hongsien said:
I am sure I will be attacked after this, but its ok, let your ego work abit.....

Hong Sien

I have seen this IF-YOU-ATTACK-ME-THEN-YOU-HAVE-EGO-PROBLEM defence tactic all too often.

AReality said:
Since the number beside your "No. of post" showed only "1" before your last post, I've assumed that you've registered another nick & posted those comments.

AReality, you have unfortunately made the wrong assumptions here. Deleted posts do not add to the post count shown under a member's nick. golgolex's first post in CS was his ad that violated the CS terms of use. Since that ad was deleted his post count when he first posted his complaint here showed a "1".

hongsien said:
Hi,

Hong Sien

Why are you making this assumption? Is it because you assume that ppl here are sensitive? Are you not one of the ppl here? or let me put it to you, that you know that your post might be offensive and even personal to an extent to name other childish? hence there might be a backlash?

I don't normally see posting here get bash for no reasons whatsoever.

Being piss with a post being deleted does not give one the right to direct their anger and even condem the club in which we are the very members.

This is a suggestion and feedback forum and is open to all, suggestions can also be directed to members and not moderators, unless you assumed it to be otherwise but not all assume it to be so. Example, I can put a suggestion here for all members to take more pictures and be less kaypoh like me. Which in this case not directed at the Mod. but to the "ppl here" ie. CSers.

While you are so sympathic to the golgolex why aren't you to me? but even go further to personally attack me as childish? Afterall, I am standing up for a club I believe in and in my little ways have contributed to this club - maybe such belief is childish?

I do wonder whether you are actually using this thread and us ie. the ppl who replied, to aired your experience of your post being deleted and your assumption of the moderators being inefficient in handling it. It meets more than the eyes.

Anyway I am glad that at this age I still have the child in me. You make me feel young. Thanks

roygoh said:
AReality, you have unfortunately made the wrong assumptions here. Deleted posts do not add to the post count shown under a member's nick. golgolex's first post in CS was his ad that violated the CS terms of use. Since that ad was deleted his post count when he first posted his complaint here showed a "1".
Oooo...
Understood...

chngpe01 said:
Anyway I am glad that at this age I still have the child in me. You make me feel young. Thanks

PE :kok: Go shoot, stop chatting here. :bsmilie:

It's just like you threw a piece of gum paper on the floor, a policeman comes over and books you as a litter bug, and you blame the policeman for not telling you that you can't throw litter...

Hi Roy,

Sorry, but you should read the Buy and Sell guidelines yourself, ther was anaddition to it by Darren:

"....Film

roygoh said:
.......With that definition we realise that different people can still have different interpretations. Take the case for a MiniDV, one can argue that the PRIMARY function is not for still photography, but on the other hand, one can also argue that that is entirely up the to user whether he wants to use it to take more stills than video.

What I am trying to say here is that when we encounter such cases, usually the moderators admins will discuss about it to reach an agreement on the classification.

For your case then, the moderator initially had the same interpretation as I did, and thus your ad was removed. When you questioned him the matter was then brought up for discussion with the other mods and we agreed to allow video cam ads. Your accusations that the moderator does not know the rules and that we are fast to delete and slow to respond when in the fault is thus completely baseless. ............

QUOTE]

(sorry, I hit that submit button too early...)

Hi Roy,

Sorry, but you should read the Buy and Sell guidelines yourself, there was an addition to it by Darren (30/9/2003) as to what is understood by photography related items:

"....Film/Digital Cameras (SLRs, Point & Shoots, Digicams, Video Cameras,....." as you can read yourself, video cameras are included! So, I don't understand why moderators had to discuss my ad whether to let it in or not, etc.....

I had sent that description by Darren to your moderator, I forgot who it was, it is not relevant here, I am making the point here that deleting a post without telling people is indeed not so right, cause as in my case deletion was not necessary, if I had not followed my own ad I would have been waiting all awhile for any reactions to my ad......so, after deleting an ad, it would be better to just inform the person, is that too much?

roygoh said:
.......With that definition we realise that different people can still have different interpretations. Take the case for a MiniDV, one can argue that the PRIMARY function is not for still photography, but on the other hand, one can also argue that that is entirely up the to user whether he wants to use it to take more stills than video.

For your case then, the moderator initially had the same interpretation as I did, and thus your ad was removed. When you questioned him the matter was then brought up for discussion with the other mods and we agreed to allow video cam ads. Your accusations that the moderator does not know the rules and that we are fast to delete and slow to respond when in the fault is thus completely baseless. ............

QUOTE]

hongsien said:
(sorry, I hit that submit button too early...)

Hi Roy,

Sorry, but you should read the Buy and Sell guidelines yourself, ...

Now you are accusing me of not reading the guidelines myself.

The mods did have a discussion before we decided to allow video cam ads. This contributed to Darren's addition to the B&S guidelines.

It was my mistake to mix up your case with the initial case that triggered the addition of video cams. I appologize for saying your statement was complelely baseless.

That does not mean that I agree with your statement though... moderators are not online 24/7 and the timing each of us work on moderating the forum are not regular. As such respond time to issues can never be guarenteed.

OK lah!!!

Moderators please continue to delete posts that violate the rules.

Moderators please send the post originator a note saying post has been removed.

Post originator wants to appeal please do so.

No big deal. Problem solved.

Now we can go back to taking pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.