deleting photos from IPAD (imported from camera connection kit)

dniwkh

Mar 19, 2012
I am having trouble deleting the THOUSANDS of photos imported from the camera connection kit during my last trip.

The FASTEST way I know is connecting the ipad to PC, then entering the DCIM fodler, go into each of the subfolders, select all the pics and delete. As there are 20 + folders, this still take some time.

Is there a faster way??? Why isn't there a delete ALL IMPORTED Album function?

Since the photos come in through camera connection kit, itunes does to seem to see them at all...

Last edited:
Give this a try. Experiment on a small sample first. Not sure if you PC sees the ipad as just another drive/device.

In your PC.
Call up command prompt.
Left click on Start button. Click "Run"
Type "CMD"
Command prompt dialogue box opens. It is black and white.
Navigate using MSDOS command prompt language to the Parent Directory containing all the sub-directories where all your ipad photos are kept.
CD means change directory. e.g. CD D:\dniwkh\trip\ipad\

Make sure you change to that parent directory.

Type Del *.*

PC may ask you are you sure?
Type Y

If you don't want PC to ask.

Type Del *.* /Q
That means Quiet mode, do not ask if ok to delete on global wildcard

Last edited:
You're from the 80s ? :bsmilie:
Sorry.. not helping here.. I don't use my ipad for photos.. now its retired alr

Give this a try. Experiment on a small sample first. Not sure if you PC sees the ipad as just another drive/device.

In your PC.
Call up command prompt.
Left click on Start button. Click "Run"
Type "CMD"
Command prompt dialogue box opens. It is black and white.
Navigate using MSDOS command prompt language to the Parent Directory containing all the sub-directories where all your ipad photos are kept.
CD means change directory. e.g. CD D:\dniwkh\trip\ipad\

Make sure you change to that parent directory.

Type Del *.*

PC may ask you are you sure?
Type Y

If you don't want PC to ask.

Type Del *.* /Q
That means Quiet mode, do not ask if ok to delete on global wildcard

thanks. That is a good tip. I never thought of using the DOS shell... considering I work in Unix at work...

ohh..yeah..remember this episode..when i tried to sell my ipad to a seller..have to delete one by one..lol.....pain in e a55 isnt it?

ohh..yeah..remember this episode..when i tried to sell my ipad to a seller..have to delete one by one..lol.....pain in e a55 isnt it?

one by one??? you got to be kdding. I am really surprised that Apple did a camera connection kit that allows you to import photos by the thousands and did not have a method for you to delete them all at once...

nope..not kidding...either i have not FULLY understand the tech of ipad..or its really is...

have since switched to android tablet..all using OTG and can delete all 100+ pics by selecting all at once..delete under 5 seconds..not bad..