Deleter XP vs Wacom

Status
Not open for further replies.

airforce1

Aug 18, 2003
Have any one try this product for photo editing. There's promotion price of $100 as compare to wacom grapphire4 $287. I am learning photo editing but I do not know which is good to buy.

http://www.deleter.jp/eng/xp_pen/xp_pen.html

looks good. where do u find it?

Funan challenger store having promotional prices on this product. Can do photoediting but I am not sure about it?

Seems not bad but must try then will know..shd be gd for infrequent users.

Anyway I think that pen clip is a pretty gd idea!Rather that then the unused eraser tip.
Don't know if you can change the pointer nip?

Do they let you try it out? If can, try out first lor... And have you tried a WACOM? Because it does take awhile to get used to a WACOM.

Personally, I would go for a WACOM. It's pricey for a reason... being, it's good and reliable. I got myself an A6 Graphire 4 last year end... never regretted the purchase. =)

I dunno where u can try out a Graphire though... maybe u have friends who own it? Or some others here? I'd gladly lend u mine to try out but I'm currently in Australia. Haha!

Cheers!

No doubt I think Wacom is good but you should justify it according to how extensive and the kind of work you intend to use it for. Personally if you intend to use it only occasionally such that you won't wear out your pen-nib so soon, then I think you can go ahead to get this over Wacom. From the look of the product it does look quite similar (especially the pen) to one which I bought from Challenger before (a Genius brand). I think it cost about S$78 only for a much larger pad than offered by Wacom Graphire. The only thing was that the pen-nib is not changeable and mine is already slowly wearing off after only several usage. Occasionally I do digital paintings and it had served me pretty well so far. I think although the pen is wireless but I think it probably uses 1 AAA battery like Genius unlike Wacom. For that kind of price and when you are learning I think it's okay to buy this over Wacom; only buy Wacom once you've become proficient with such write/drawing pad.

ob1canob said:
No doubt I think Wacom is good but you should justify it according to how extensive and the kind of work you intend to use it for. Personally if you intend to use it only occasionally such that you won't wear out your pen-nib so soon, then I think you can go ahead to get this over Wacom. From the look of the product it does look quite similar (especially the pen) to one which I bought from Challenger before (a Genius brand). I think it cost about S$78 only for a much larger pad than offered by Wacom Graphire. The only thing was that the pen-nib is not changeable and mine is already slowly wearing off after only several usage. Occasionally I do digital paintings and it had served me pretty well so far. I think although the pen is wireless but I think it probably uses 1 AAA battery like Genius unlike Wacom. For that kind of price and when you are learning I think it's okay to buy this over Wacom; only buy Wacom once you've become proficient with such write/drawing pad.

Thanks for the advice. Will consider it.

take it from me who thought I could do with a cheaper pen tablet. In the end wasted money on cheaper ones because they are too inaccurate which makes them completely useless in editing photos, another one I bought just died on me after a while... ended up buying wacom eventually and I've not regretted it since...

somethings not worth saving the $...

my 2cents...

Thanks for your opinion. Appreciate it very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.