Dejected

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 26, 2007
www.flickr.com

Took this shot of a rose with a Nikon AI-S 50mm f/1.4, though the glass is now in rather bad shape :(. Anyways, feedback would be appreciated on how well i managed to convey a feeling of dejection in this image. Comments on exposure (I feel it was slightly underexposed, maybe could bump up the highlights a bit in PS levels) and composition would be appreciated as well.

Thanks very much :)

Jul 19, 2007
i think the exposure is ok, because it does convey the feeling of dejection with the faint lighting. i do like the water spray that u used on the rose.
what settings did u use?

Aug 26, 2007
www.flickr.com
i think the exposure is ok, because it does convey the feeling of dejection with the faint lighting. i do like the water spray that u used on the rose.
what settings did u use?
Uhm, I completely forgot :dunno: I think it was a 0.8s shutter speed. Exif doesn't register the aperture cos of the old lens so yeah. I think it was f8.

dejected

Mar 26, 2006
east!
:eek: for a moment i thought you took a picture of me :embrass:

junkai21

Sep 13, 2006
Nice composition. But the orange should stand out a little and the flower too! Overall a LITTLE underexposed :)

king2penn

Feb 15, 2007
Singapore
Convert this image to b&W and add red filter and sepia tone... It would stand out quite alot more...

catchlights

Staff member
Sep 27, 2004
Punggol, Singapore
www.foto-u.com
Convert this image to b&W and add red filter and sepia tone... It would stand out quite alot more...
convert to b&w, the whole image is in gray tone
and add red filter after this, the whole image is red color
add sepia tone to red color mono tone image...

I can't imagine how the image will look like, can you show us how to do it??

king2penn

Feb 15, 2007
Singapore
oh sorry i mean use green filter effect. the rose would appear almost black and would stand out from the leaves from my experience using eos 400d.....

catchlights

Staff member
Sep 27, 2004
Punggol, Singapore
www.foto-u.com
oh sorry i mean use green filter effect. the rose would appear almost black and would stand out from the leaves from my experience using eos 400d.....
I see, you are correct about the green filter, but a b&w image of a darker shade of rose with lighter shade of leaves on a dark backgrounds......:think:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom