Dehumidifiers at CK Tangs. 'Value' Brand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paranoid

May 3, 2006
Bishan
Anyone can advise whether the above is reliable?

The finishing and overall workmanship seems better than DigiCab from my observations.

Dunno about the performance though.

Thanks!

Paranoid said:

The finishing and overall workmanship seems better than DigiCab from my observations.

Thanks!
Any photos or link to share about the product?

Regards,
Arto.

Paranoid said:

Thanks!
My cousin bought one at CK Tangs 3 to 5 years ago, and has been receiving updates from the distributor via email ever since. So far, no complaints ... it's still working, I guess ... If he's reading this, he might reply :)

Anyway, I got to know abt this brand thru him, and I bought the 93 litres from the distributor out of convenience more than any other factors. They provide free delivery.

More details can be found at their website: http://www.rodex.com/shop/

The distributor is Rodex Marketing Pte Ltd.

I've used it for a couple of months only ... so far so good. It comes with 5 years warranty (1 year on-site, 4 years carry-in).

Thanks for the feedback.
I think i will buy one from CK Tangs tomorrow.
Some selected models are on special promo. So its quite a good time to purchase now.

Before it was called Value brand...

it was called Eureka.

It was and still is marketed by Rodex.

I bought my Eureka in 1994.

It is still working.

I had bgt one dehumidifier from Value. And after 2 days at "max", the RH stays around 50%. The instructional manual stays it will reduced to 25% to 35% RH. Could it be something faulty with the drying unit?

Thanks

I might be wrong as I am no expert.

From my experience,
It is difficult to get down to 25% in a humid country like Singapore. I think the best performance units can bring it down to about 40%. When the unit gets older it can only reach about 50%, which is still alright.
Try not to operate the unit at Max, as it will burn out after some time (mine did). Put it at Med setting and it should keep your equipment fungus free (mine are).

BTW, the meters are usually not accurate either, so don't trust them fully.

Good luck! :)

it's not too bad especially with a 5yrs warranty

Thanks. Thats what I thought too. Then the instructional manual should have had a table to indicate what's the lowest RH the unit can achieve with variables like abmient temp & RH. Maybe I am asking too much.:embrass:

If I lower settings below than the "MAX", wouldn't I achieve an higher constant RH%? like maybe 55%? since at MAX it's only 50%. i I read that camera and lens should be kept at 45% to 50% RH to prevent fungus growth.

I had also bought another hygrometer (digital) to verify my analog readings. Didital : 52%. Analog : 50%. So I assume that both hygrometers are in working order.

Please advice. Thanks.

Should I request to exhange another unit since its like 3 days old only.

I used this product for three years and there is no known issues. However there was breakdown of the fan during warranty period and it was changed within three days.
Reliable services and customer relations was very good.

been using for last 3 months...so far so good...*touch wood*

kkhh said:
Anyone got their price list?

Like it said its more expensive than the norm. But IMO built & look wise it seems better.

BTW, I got my issues sorted out already. Thanks all for your advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.