Dehumidifier CAbinet

Status
Not open for further replies.

kitchionh

Dec 28, 2007
Hi there,

I just bot a dry cabinet and am wondering if I can leave the battery inside the camera while storing the camera in the cabinet? Will it spoil the battery?

Rgds,

nope, in fact, i think it might be better for ur battery too!

i have been storing batt i the camera without removing them while storing. No problems so far.

Should I turn on dry cabi all the time (for electricity cabi)?
or once a week to dry it ?

Should I turn on dry cabi all the time (for electricity cabi)?
or once a week to dry it ?

Just turn it on all the way and no worries. Electric consumption low

Ryan

left the battery in mine all these while no problem.
Best to leave it on all the time, the power consumption is pretty low
Better than (somehow or another) forgetting to turn it on again and end up having to send your l enses for cleaning ya ? ;p

If you guys have read Wikipedia's article on Li-ion batteries, the best way to actually store it is to discharge to slightly below 50%, say somewhere at 40% and dump it into the freezer if you intend to store it for a long time. Don't know whether is it true or not?

If you guys have read Wikipedia's article on Li-ion batteries, the best way to actually store it is to discharge to slightly below 50%, say somewhere at 40% and dump it into the freezer if you intend to store it for a long time. Don't know whether is it true or not?

It's probably fairly accurate, but then again, this is for long term storage of battery. You use your camera more often than once every six months, right?

I just bot a dry cabinet and am wondering if I can leave the battery inside the camera while storing the camera in the cabinet? Will it spoil the battery?

It'll be fine. I live in a climate where it is constantly around 40% - 50% humidity and I (and most people I know) leave the battery in the camera all the time.

It's probably fairly accurate, but then again, this is for long term storage of battery. You use your camera more often than once every six months, right?

I think if you intend to store for more than 3 months, you should be freezing your batteries already? :bsmilie:

I also wanted to ask that question. Is that an optimal humidity level that we should aim for so that we can sleep better at night and not worry if the camera is growing fungus or rubber parts cracking up? +/- 5 should be ok I guess??

45% humidity would be optimum for electronics - low enough to prevent fungus growth, but not so low as to dry out rubber seals and lubricant.

Hi,

Been using the new dry cabinet for 2 weeks. realised that the humidity level keeps dropping to 38-40% level as indicated by the digital humidity reader attached to the inside of the door. Even if I adjust the dial upwards ie. to increase the humidity level, it keeps falling back to this level.

Is there anyway to test if the humidity level is indeed at 38-40% level? Do I need a separate humidity guage reader and leave it inside the cabinet?

i also had this problem when i first bought my dry cabi. Maybe you can try leavin the door open and let the cabi adjust to room temp first. Once the humidity level reach 60, closed the door and observed after 6 to 8 hrs. Adjust the knob bit by bit till you get the level you want.

What I did when I just bought my dry cabinet was to adjust the knob to 11 O'clock position then leave it there for 3 days and it'll go down to between 42-46%

Status
Not open for further replies.