Definition of "NEWBIE"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lmodel

Jun 19, 2005
Jurong Island
On numerous occassions, I've seen this CSer starting threads in our Photo Galleries. However, the beginning word he uses is always "NEWBIE shots" and I'm not too sure when and why I started to notice this. Though I tried hard to ignore, I'm getting irritated by the frequent use of the word "NEWBIE". Having done a search, he has participated in at least 15 model shoots and even more on Events.

For a Newbie photographer, using the word "Newbie" is like a P plate holder telling other drivers to be patient. That I understand.

For someone whom has attended several shoots and events, using the word "Newbie" is being humble. That I understand

What I can't understand is that for someone whom has attended so many shoots and so many events, I'm not too sure what this person's intention is. Does it boost one's ego when others make comments like "You so Pro, where got newbie?"

Please don't ask me who this person is. :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

I'm just wondering if anyone else noticed (unknowingly).

(Okay...okay... I know some will tell me not to look at his thread =p)

this is termed as Managing Impressions in Social Psychology ;)

Dont need to bother over such words .. some are meant for suaning, pulling your legs and some are being humble as you may be good in shooting events but handicap when come to shooting models ... :bsmilie:

Dont need to bother over such words .. some are meant for suaning, pulling your legs and some are being humble as you may be good in shooting events but handicap when come to shooting models ... :bsmilie:

I'm usually nv bothered, except in this particular case whereby I've taken a notice to it :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

we all know who you are talking about.. haha....

I'm usually nv bothered, except in this particular case whereby I've taken a notice to it :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Well.. i know who are talking about...

Well, you can ignore it.. :bsmilie:

I can guess who you are talking about. In my opinion, a newbie should be someone who has taken photos less than 8 times of a particular event. Maybe, a newbie is also classified as someone who has not taken photos for a long time or is adjusting to a new camera.

I can guess who you are talking about. In my opinion, a newbie should be someone who has taken photos less than 8 times of a particular event. Maybe, a newbie is also classified as someone who has not taken photos for a long time or is adjusting to a new camera.

He is adjusting...

to his repaired flash units... :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Wah liew..:sweat: dun make it sound so obvious lahz..u noe, i noe, we all noe..:bsmilie:

Wah liew..:sweat: dun make it sound so obvious lahz..u noe, i noe, we all noe..:bsmilie:

when i read the first post.. i know who the threadstarter wanna to fire liao...
:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

when i read the first post.. i know who the threadstarter wanna to fire liao...
:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Dun misread me... I didnt mean to fire anyone or anybody k...

Just wondering if anyone else notices coz I've been wanting to post this for a long time... :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Dun misread me... I didnt mean to fire anyone or anybody k...

Just wondering if anyone else notices coz I've been wanting to post this for a long time... :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Give the "NEWBIE" a break..:sweat:

I think he replied this recently
xxxxxxxxxxxx said:
xxxx_xxx said:
yah lor, he shot so many times and posted so many times liao and still call newbie? :devil:

dun pretend pretend :nono:
Shoot many many times, but still not up to my expectation. So considered newbie lor ;p ...
me amateur still cannot take photos as good as newbie :sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.