Definition of "NEWBIE"

Status
Not open for further replies.
may be can request moderators to come out kind of system to judge your photos, a newbie or old bird standard...

may be can request moderators to come out kind of system to judge your photos, a newbie or old bird standard...

Dun bog the Mods down lah... they are only volunteers, why give them more workload?

a newbie is someone who is new to the subject.

in CS, if someone says, "i'm a newbie", we generally assume that he/she is new to photography.

however, if he says that "i'm a <BRAND XXXXX> newbie, then he may not be new to photography or DSLR's, but new to that particular brand or camera model.

even the most accomplished and pro photogs can be a "newbie" in CS, in this case new to the forum, not in photography. a famous fashion photog comes to mind.

i would imagine that someone could also be a "newbie" in a particular genre of photography. e.g. someone who is highly skilled/experienced in portraits may be a complete newbie at birding.

relax and shoot more.

i would imagine that someone could also be a "newbie" in a particular genre of photography. e.g. someone who is highly skilled/experienced in portraits may be a complete newbie at birding.

this one we call newbird...:bsmilie: new at birding .. :bsmilie:

a newbie is someone who is new to the subject.

in CS, if someone says, "i'm a newbie", we generally assume that he/she is new to photography.

however, if he says that "i'm a <BRAND XXXXX> newbie, then he may not be new to photography or DSLR's, but new to that particular brand or camera model.

even the most accomplished and pro photogs can be a "newbie" in CS, in this case new to the forum, not in photography. a famous fashion photog comes to mind.

relax and shoot more.

I'd agree on what you've said but this CSer is not exactly new in that particular genre of photography which makes me raise my point.

Anyway I'm cool but just wondering how many actually notice it. :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

zcf said:
I think he replied this recently

me amateur still cannot take photos as good as newbie :sweat:
Don't know who until this post, did a search and found it the very first strike. :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

../azul123

C'mon guys, be nice. We are not brought up to make fun of people.

Newbie is a title that has to be earned.

It's high time we set standards as to who can be one.

And the title is conferred in a ceremony that all newbies have to cut their little fingers like in Black Rain.

Now you know a newbie when you see 9 fingers.

Newbie is a title that has to be earned.

It's high time we set standards as to who can be one.

And the title is conferred in a ceremony that all newbies have to cut their little fingers like in Black Rain.

Now you know a newbie when you see 9 fingers.

chop the newbie finger newbie inauguration? :bigeyes: sigh ... times have changed ... :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.