Slide : Fujichrome Velvia
Scanned by Nikon Coolscan LS-20

deer_02.jpg

Click here if you cannot see the top pic
Canon EOS 30
EF 70-200mm f2.8 L @ 200mm
Slide : Fujichrome Velvia
Scanned by Nikon Coolscan LS-20

megaweb: are these taken with the P mode (if there is such a thing, you know wat i mean) on the EOS 30? just point, focus and shoot?

If there's such a thing as picture-perfect....the 2nd pic is the one! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks to isomers007 , yeppie99 and ark19 for the kindly comments

Originally posted by yeppie99
are these taken with the P mode (if there is such a thing, you know wat i mean) on the EOS 30? just point, focus and shoot?
No .. usually I will use Aperture Priority mode...

Yup...I like the 2nd one too...

I like the second one. Great composition, nice background and sharp head. DOF could be larger.

More, haha...

agreed, 2nd one very steady! I can imagine viewing the slides, the deer will be popping out and staring into my face. :)

Mega, where did you get the scanning lobang?

Thanks to Goose , Tomshen and Tweek for the compliments

Originally posted by Tweek
where did you get the scanning lobang?
not mine lah .... I went to my elder brother's place to use his slides scanner last Sat ...

I feel that in the second shot there is too much blank space on the right. The deer's head is dead center.

Originally posted by xeon
I feel that in the second shot there is too much blank space on the right. The deer's head is dead center.

Thanks for the tip .... will take note of tt advice ;)

Originally posted by megaweb
deer_01.jpg

dunno, i seem to like this shot better. captures the gazelle's feeding habits and shows more of the body.. i think it tells more about the animal than the 2nd pic which is merely a subject.

the long neck shows it's vulnerability.

Status
Not open for further replies.