Deep In Love

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a heartwarming shot of an elderly couple who exude so much love that it probably puts many younger couples to shame. Won't you want to be like them when you grow old?

4694.jpg

Cheers

Just a thought. Would the picture be more meaningful if it was taken in black & white?

Hi

uhmmm.....most pple will allude old pple with black and white shots. it's beome quite clique. (sp?)

but in this case, the use of colour is different and probably right for the mood. think of it this way - colour makes them YOUNG lovers again.

the use of colour, the way they hold hands, makes them NO different from a pair of young lovers just out from school. The colour wipes away the distinction between the age groups, and shows that no matter how old u are, it's never too late to love.

Originally posted by Red Dawn
Hi

uhmmm.....most pple will allude old pple with black and white shots. it's beome quite clique. (sp?)

but in this case, the use of colour is different and probably right for the mood. think of it this way - colour makes them YOUNG lovers again.

the use of colour, the way they hold hands, makes them NO different from a pair of young lovers just out from school. The colour wipes away the distinction between the age groups, and shows that no matter how old u are, it's never too late to love.

hmm..... that makes sense too. :thumbsup:

nice, rayman, but I think there is a colour cast prob due to the scanning? It is slightly too reddish...maybe it will look better after correction in photoshop. :)

Actually hold hands doesn't always mean deep in love, you know that indian security guard who shot his wife in NUS? They used to hold hands too before the divorce...according to their neighbours. :D

I think you have captured a very good scene.

The back was shown because they have never looked back into the past. The path they are taking is still a long way, and that they are prepared to go through this path together, hand in hand.

Excellent scene. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

As Tweek suggested, why not try to remove the reddish cast, I am certain that the picture would be even better! :)

Hi Tweek and Goondu, thanx for comments. Yo Tweek make you green for a while. I spent the entire day doing nothing and staring at PS fiddling with this shot! haha ;p

No more reddish cast
4706.jpg

Here's a semi b+w shot
4707.jpg

What do you think?

Good. Very nice, with the Sepia effect. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Originally posted by rayman
Hi Tweek and Goondu, thanx for comments. Yo Tweek make you green for a while. I spent the entire day doing nothing and staring at PS fiddling with this shot! haha ;p

Here's a semi b+w shot
4707.jpg

What do you think?

i like the black and white one :D

4732.jpg

i like this :thumbsup:

the B&W one is not contrasting enough cos the pants of the old man & woman are black too..probably can make the background less dark??

whereas the Sepia version is more contrasting, and the objects stands out

Here's a semi b+w shot
4707.jpg

Yes this is much better! Hey rayman, I ended today with a disastrous aerodynamics paper...but who cares, that's the end of NUS for me! But still got FYP presentation. :(

Hey Tweek, I think there're lots more ppl out there who's aero papers are much much much worse than yours. And it's over, just kick back and put it all behind.

Tweek and KamWai, thanx for the comments :) Glad you like it

Status
Not open for further replies.