Deed poll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slivester

Deregistered
Nov 9, 2004
Woodlands
humors.deviantart.com
Ah been long since I step in. Anyway, I am quite frustrated with my friends addressing me "Sly-vester" since my NRIC states "Silvester", which actually should have been "Slivester". I am now looking to prepare a deed poll to change the name in NRIC.

Any recommendation on which law firm should I go to, or any one that provide online deed poll application services?

Any law firm or lawyer can do this for you.

Sylvester :thumbsup: better name more famous :sweat:

vince123123 said:
Any law firm or lawyer can do this for you.

Ah I think everyone and frankly, everyone knows that. I meant one that is reliable and fast enough, that worth recommending, perhaps based on own experiences or so on.

Klose said:
Sylvester :thumbsup: better name more famous :sweat:

Slivester is my grandfather's alias, and our family usually honours our ancestors by naming the descendants first name with ancestor's alias. :lovegrin:

Yeap understood, what I meant was that its such a simple job that any lawyer will be suitable. You don't really need any recommendation as the job is very simple.

Most people just pick someone who's cheap as its a simple affair or someone who they know. You can try the yellow pages and just ask how much they charge. If you still need further help on this, feel free to pm me.

Ah Seng: It probably depends, but a range could be from S$100 to S$150. Some may be even cheaper, but thats an average range.

Hope this was helpful.

Slivester said:
Ah I think everyone and frankly, everyone knows that. I meant one that is reliable and fast enough, that worth recommending, perhaps based on own experiences or so on.

Just to add on, after you paid for the Deed Poll, you'll still need to pay another S$60 in official fees to ICA and register the change. This should be done within 28 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.