DECT phone comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

freeworld

Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
Anyone like to share their experience with DECT(Digital Enhanced Cordless Technology) phone?

I am using an Alcom TDT-3000. I like the compactness of the phone with a ear piece. Feel just like using a handphone. :D

However the battery come with it is very lousy, drained out very fast after using for sometime. Luckily replacing the NiCd with NiMh battery save the day! ;)
Now the keypad sometime can work some time cannot is making me quite mad!!
:angry:

Wonder anyone coming across any good DECT phone?

Originally posted by freeworld
Anyone like to share their experience with DECT(Digital Enhanced Cordless Technology) phone?

I am using an Alcom TDT-3000. I like the compactness of the phone with a ear piece. Feel just like using a handphone. :D

However the battery come with it is very lousy, drained out very fast after using for sometime. Luckily replacing the NiCd with NiMh battery save the day! ;)

Philips.

quite franky, I don't like their design. but my sis has one in her house and says it's reception is good.

i'm using philips zenia 200, and absolutely loving it.
here's some of my thoughts about the phone:
+ the reception is great!! i stay in 7th floor, and i can still use the phone downstairs at the lobby.
+ sound quality is the best i've experienced, even compared to hp.
+ battery life is alrite, uses rechargeable AAA, around 4 days
+ the shared phonebook on the base is very useful if you have multiple handset
+ illuminated display and keypad helps alot at night
+ earpiece and speakerphone functions are great too...
i'd say, go for it... :)

I bought a Philips DECT phone couple of years back. Very good reception, but I had the keypad problem as well a few months ago. I was about to throw it away, but decided to open it up to see if I could fix the problem. There's a membrane with the electrical contacts between the keypads and the phone unit. I found that it was covered with some kind of greasy fluid. Not sure what it was, but I cleaned it off with a tissue, and voila! a brand new phone that works great again!

Try it.

Kala 200 is good. I'm using dat. Cheap & simple DECT phone.
The Onis2 was good, but u will get lots of keypad probs real soon.
I know 4ppl who use the Onis, & all complain of the same prob.

Dropouts r oso veri obvious on the Onis2.

Originally posted by StreetShooter
I bought a Philips DECT phone couple of years back. Very good reception, but I had the keypad problem as well a few months ago. I was about to throw it away, but decided to open it up to see if I could fix the problem. There's a membrane with the electrical contacts between the keypads and the phone unit. I found that it was covered with some kind of greasy fluid. Not sure what it was, but I cleaned it off with a tissue, and voila! a brand new phone that works great again!

Try it.
I did open up trying to fix the problem too, the keypad looks like stick very tightly to the pcb board hence in the end I give up.:(

Originally posted by StreetShooter

Try it.

Agree with the greasy fluid thing.
My Onis had a problem of not sync-ing with the base + the keypad problem.

In the end, traded it in for a Zenia 200 @ Accord Customer Centre.
Zenia 200 is quite good, but IMHO, there are some design flaws.
eg, there's a jack for a handsfree, but the rubber plug covering the jack is prone to wear and tear....

Well, you may want to check out Siemens' versions of DECT phones. Heard that Panasonic has some as well.

have a zenia 66** which i bought few mths back but died on me few days ago. the handset have no connection to the base unit & the line seem dirty. alot of distortion. used the base unit's speakerphone & no problem. issit due to the grease?

btw is the repair centre now at jurong around IMM? no more in toa payoh?

Originally posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
have a zenia 66** which i bought few mths back but died on me few days ago. the handset have no connection to the base unit & the line seem dirty. alot of distortion. used the base unit's speakerphone & no problem. issit due to the grease?

btw is the repair centre now at jurong around IMM? no more in toa payoh?

There's a so called 'authorised repair centre' @ Accord, but I think the Toa Payoh centre is still there.
Jurong's near my area...

My aunt's Kala died on her today... no sync.
Dunno if it's me, but I'm having less and less faith in Philips DECT phones (the older generation).
Hope the newer generation of Philips DECT phones are better....

I've gone through Phillips 1st DECT phone which died after 1 yr. Bought another Philips DECT which only lasted again 1 yr. Had to repair numerous time. Batteyr life sucks, using those propietary battery.

Finally changed to Panasonic DECT and no regrets from then on.
Use rechargeable AA batteries.

Originally posted by Harlequin
I've gone through Phillips 1st DECT phone which died after 1 yr. Bought another Philips DECT which only lasted again 1 yr. Had to repair numerous time. Batteyr life sucks, using those propietary battery.

FYI, I don't think they give proprietary batteries, they are just AA/AAA rechargeables in which you can purchase them elsewhere...

I tried the Panasonic b4. Did an A,B comparison with Phillips Kala.
The dist 4 Kala longer than Panasonic.

Originally posted by Harlequin

A friend also told me Panasonic is good. Which model you are using? and how long have you been using?

Originally posted by markccm
I tried the Panasonic b4. Did an A,B comparison with Phillips Kala.
The dist 4 Kala longer than Panasonic.
sorry...dist = distance?
Does Kala come with ear piece feature? I like ear piece very much:bsmilie:

sorry...dist = distance?
Does Kala come with ear piece feature? I like ear piece very much:bsmilie:
Yeah, dist is distance.
Earpiece, Kala dun have.

Status
Not open for further replies.