DECT cordless phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

yyD70S

Dec 25, 2005
Singapore
Good day

Any recommendations for a basic but good DECT cordless phone for home use?

Basic includes CID, small address bank...

Good as in quality... long battery life...

If I may add, which is a more established brand for DECT? Phillips, Siemens, Panasonic ??

Thank you.

P.S. Budget < $120

Panasonic! :thumbsup: not that i have used other brands. :embrass:

Caller ID is teleco enabled, no meh?

+1 for punasonic too :thumbsup:

super long battery + clarity

Panasonic is a good brand, used it for 3 yrs and still gng strong.

Last edited:
Yes Panasonic is the one to buy.
Now using a mixture of Panasonic and Philips.
Philips not so good.
Have used Philips, Panasonic, GE before.

Thank you very much.

So I'll start looking into Panasonic.

Wanna look for DECT phone. Wasted $55 on a Shiro which is soft, my 2nd Philips also cannot make it but louder than Shiro. Anyone else seconds Panasonic? Any models to recommend?

I've been using Panny since 1990 cordless to DECT phone. In these years, only owned 3 different sets and only 1 is kaput, the other 2 is working fine but 1 of them is a new DECT phone.

I think Siemens and Motorola is not too bad as well but I've not use them before. For me, its Panasonic!

I am using Philips for the past few years. Lousy - soft voice quality and ringtone. Panasonic is very good. I have 2 such phones in the offfice and they produce loud voice and ringtone. :thumbsup: I will get a Panasonic if my Philips knock out.

Panasonic .. and the irony is we had it for so long that i cant even remember when it was first purchased ... :)

Pana:thumbsup:

At first using Philip, but die just after 2 years.
Then using Panasonic since 2003, and still going strong :thumbsup:

I'm using both Panasonic and Philips.. The panasonic is still on its original set of batteries after the 2 yrs.. :thumbsup:

Thks bros. Will go for Panny.. oh but court dun have it. They pushing this uniden brand which i never heard b4!

i using Siemens dual set, bought at pc show 6 months ago, made in Germany. function similar with other brands , but u can compare the housing & button quality.

I have a question, which of the DECT phones in the market now is able to work (ie. have a call, via speakerphone mode) while it is being charged in the cradle. My current Panasonic DECT would not work when it is in the cradle charging.

The Philips CD440x phone could work when it is being charged in its cradle. I know this as my in-laws are using it. But when I pose this question to the salesman when I am at the shops, none can answer me. Admittedly, it is a tough question.

BTW, Panasonic DECT phones are no longer being sold here? Can't seem to see any in shops.

TIA for replies. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.