DECT cordless phone

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question, which of the DECT phones in the market now is able to work (ie. have a call, via speakerphone mode) while it is being charged in the cradle. My current Panasonic DECT would not work when it is in the cradle charging.

The Philips CD440x phone could work when it is being charged in its cradle. I know this as my in-laws are using it. But when I pose this question to the salesman when I am at the shops, none can answer me. Admittedly, it is a tough question.

BTW, Panasonic DECT phones are no longer being sold here? Can't seem to see any in shops.

TIA for replies. :)

What do u mean it will not work while charging in the cradle? If its charging in the cradle, it should still be able to ring and receive a call. If not, then the phone is faulty. Mine is always charging in the cradle. But mine is non-speaker phone! :D

Should have la. Just try Best Denki.

I think they are still around!... neighbourhood shops!

What do u mean it will not work while charging in the cradle? If its charging in the cradle, it should still be able to ring and receive a call. If not, then the phone is faulty. Mine is always charging in the cradle. But mine is non-speaker phone! :D

Should have la. Just try Best Denki.

Ah! What I meant was that when the phone is in the cradle being charged, the phone will ring and display the number. But when you want to answer the call without lifting it out from the cradle, the only option is to use the speakerphone function. But when I press the speakerphone function, the phone does not connect the call. It keeps on ringing. Both my handsets exhibits the same behaviour. :)

I'm using this GE 21877A Dect Cordless phone ;). Bought at Best Denki for $90+, forget actual price.

Click on picture for specs link.

Last edited:
Ah! What I meant was that when the phone is in the cradle being charged, the phone will ring and display the number. But when you want to answer the call without lifting it out from the cradle, the only option is to use the speakerphone function. But when I press the speakerphone function, the phone does not connect the call. It keeps on ringing. Both my handsets exhibits the same behaviour. :)

Oh i see, i not really sure but read the manual, should provide some info. If not, call panasonic!

Oh i see, i not really sure but read the manual, should provide some info. If not, call panasonic!

Phones are many years old already. Will want to change them too. Another minor gripe is that there is a pause between the moment you hit the Dial button and till the phones actually dials. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.