Decision

Status
Not open for further replies.

binnn

Apr 4, 2008
Hi,i'm not sure if i posted at the right corner.Just needed some recommendation.
I will be doing a lot of printing and developing of photos for school so it's incovenient to go far to get my photos developed.
I was thinking of getting a photo printer,like sony,canon etc.
Could you guys recommend me one with good resolution but not too expensive.I'm not sure about my budjet as i gotta do comparison.
Thanks

don't forget the running costs of getting your own equipment

consumables, maintenance, electricity
these things do break down you know

not forgetting your time

self printing may not be cheap, if consider time involve, and also the wastage of ink and paper because of making mistakes.

if you really have volume printing, find a lab able provide you reliable and friendly service, they will give you better rate if give them regular orders.

you also should consolidate your print orders, so you able to make lesser trips to the lab, you may consider some lab able to let you FTP your print order, or mail them the CD.

if you are thinking of selphy-type printers, it takes almost 1min per 4R print. and you have to concern yourself with the colour correction, etc.

if you have quantity, it will be faster at the photo lab.

Last edited:
Thanks for the advise.However the fujifilm near my place charge $2.50 for 6R(which i will often be using)and to me it's very costly.I do not have the time to travel far to print my photos for school project.I was thinking something like Sony's picture station.Would something like this be hard to use?

you can consider online printing shops, upload photos and they print and send it back to you via snail mail

the aug'08 issue of Digital Camera did a comparison of the printer:

The result is
AgfaPhoto AP2300 74%
Canon Selphy CP750 75%
Canon Selphy ES2 71%
Epson PictureMate 270 91% *Winner*
HP PhotoSmart A826 86%
HP PhotoSmart A526 90% *Cheap and Good*
Panasonic KX-PX30E 69%
Sony DPP-FP95 83%

Hope the above give you some ideas...:)

pls go printing lab.

where u wanna go, mean location?

I'm sorry,what do you mean where i wanna go?
I did the printing at fujifilm(sembawang)
What are the major disadvantage/difference of self print and printing lab?

Status
Not open for further replies.