Deciding for telephoto lens f2.8 or f4

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmjia

Mar 13, 2009
Singapore
Experts and Users,

Was able to read some review on this two lens
70-200mm f4 IS and 70-200 f2.8 IS now i need more confirmation which one is best to buy!

Can you provide me some feedback which one is really better?

All same purpose to use

Thanks for your feedbacks

Regards,
mmjia

Experts and Users,

70-200mm f4 IS and 70-200 f2.8 IS now i need more confirmation which one is best to buy!

All same purpose to use

Regards,
mmjia

dis one simple..

got $$$ buy F2.8 IS, lesser buy F4 IS

better low light buy F 2.8 IS, normal day shooting buy F4 IS

Want weight training buy F2.8 IS, dun want bigger muscle buy F4 IS :bsmilie:

if u put the question this way, of course the one with f2.8 would be better. what do u mean by "all same purpose to use"? ... whats ur purpose then, do u shoot more indoor and low light, or more outdoors ... budget?

dis one simple..

got $$$ buy F2.8 IS, lesser buy F4 IS

better low light buy F 2.8 IS, normal day shooting buy F4 IS

Want weight training buy F2.8 IS, dun want bigger muscle buy F4 IS :bsmilie:

Want back (shoulder) problems from carrying heavy weights buy F2.8 IS, want to have a healthy back (shoulder) buy F4 IS

Jeremy and Jkll76 more on ourdoors, however im thinking of using this for portraits also? Having a flash would suffice the low light capabilty of f4?
Budget yup 2.8 is a bit too much.

Ya agree it seems that 2.8 would build a big biceps:) and shake will be there if your not strong enough to hold for 3 hours.

Jeremy and Jkll76 more on ourdoors, however im thinking of using this for portraits also? Having a flash would suffice the low light capabilty of f4?

Ya agree it seems that 2.8 would build a big biceps:) and shake will be there if your not strong enough to hold for 3 hours.

I got the F4 IS and I'm loving it...:thumbsup:

I got it due not enough $$$, prefer light weight... but leh, only problem can't really perform well in low light unless I use flash. :)

but well, i dun do much low light shooting....;)

how about DOF or BOKEH?

3392756560_579a9fb835_b.jpg

dis one ok bor? image taken a few wk back..

I got the F4 IS and I'm loving it...:thumbsup:

I got it due not enough $$$, prefer light weight... but leh, only problem can't really perform well in low light unless I use flash. :)

but well, i dun do much low light shooting....;)

yesterday i was watching the channel 8 chinese news at 10pm, i saw the reporter using white color canon lens... must be one of the 70-200mm... they need to move so far back...

Experts and Users,

All same purpose to use

Regards,
mmjia

as these 2 lens cost a lot of money, i propose u loan or rent one to try out wat u want to do with them... my 70-200 is in my dry cabinet eversince i got my 28mm.. for my photography (shooting my baby girl), i basically have no use for it... hee... i need to stand too far back, and therefore not able to attract her attention to look into the lens...

Jlkk76 wow! this is pretty sharp! subject was so clear? you have a flickr account?i think with the light shooting we can use flash anyway:)

Jlkk76 wow! this is pretty sharp! subject was so clear? you have a flickr account?i think with the light shooting we can use flash anyway:)

yup...no PP done at all cos dun noe how to do it.. :bsmilie:

I shoot it ard noon at a distance cos scare she dun like it.. :bsmilie:

yup...no PP done at all cos dun noe how to do it.. :bsmilie:

I shoot it ard noon at a distance cos scare she dun like it.. :bsmilie:

Think she sms-ing, complaining to bf abt the stalker liao... :bsmilie:

Think she sms-ing, complaining to bf abt the stalker liao... :bsmilie:

sorry..OT abit..

sorry lor..in fact she does not mind...cos one of them actually went up to her n shoot her in the face and she smile back... ;)

anyway, TS up to u to consider lah.

F4 definitely much cheaper n lighter to use...

but if u want better low light, u can go for F2.8 IS...not dat F4 IS no gd..

Rent both and try.

Ryan

if more on outdoors, then f4 shud do fine. for low light and portraits, a flash and proper lighting should be enough to get u by. a slight disadvantage of course that u may not get as much ambient light, but u can always up the ISO.

yes, 2.8 cost quite abit more than 4, and pretty much heavier too. so take all these into consideration.

im also considering between the two, but heavily leaning towards f4 due to size and weight. if it is the f2.8, i would be reluctant to bring everywhere i go.

im also considering between the two, but heavily leaning towards f4 due to size and weight. if it is the f2.8, i would be reluctant to bring everywhere i go.

think abt bring the 70-200 F2.8 IS + a few more lenses and accessories...

rite now even I bring my F4 around...it also killin me liao.. :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.