decent tripod and bokeh lenses

Status
Not open for further replies.

dotaboy

Deregistered
Nov 23, 2007
Woodlands
Does anyone have recommendation on a good walkabout lense that is capable of producing good bokeh image.
Price to be reasonable.

Anything close to 28-105 2.8-4.0 is not needed as i have it.

:)

Also need good recommendation on tripod,decent ones that doesn't cost much for a newbie to take night scences.

We're talking about a student.

Does anyone have recommendation on a good walkabout lense that is capable of producing good bokeh image.

For which brand of camera?

Perhaps you could clue us in on your budget. Trouble with most zoom lenses is that they don't produce good bokeh under most circumstances. If you use a quality prime lens, then you may get better bokeh, but it is a prime lens after all and you'll need your feet to zoom. It also depends on what focal length you're looking at.

Perhaps you could clue us in on your budget. Trouble with most zoom lenses is that they don't produce good bokeh under most circumstances. If you use a quality prime lens, then you may get better bokeh, but it is a prime lens after all and you'll need your feet to zoom. It also depends on what focal length you're looking at.

perhaps u can tell me the general prices for newbies buying the above?:)
5.6f or above?
2.8-6?

Get a Minolta 70-210mm f4.0 (aka beercan) if you can find one. Nice bokeh & colour. :thumbsup:

For tripod wise, you can try the PPCP V2. Price is very reasonable & it has served me well.

but it is a prime lens after all and you'll need your feet to zoom.

good one, really make my day :bsmilie:

Hi, maybe you can tell us your budget, easlier for us to recommand than listing down all the price range. :)

good one, really make my day :bsmilie:

Hi, maybe you can tell us your budget, easlier for us to recommand than listing down all the price range. :)

lol i'm looking for something reasonable for a student.
For my i don't really have specific budget because at times when i decide to spend i will.

But generally i want recommendation that are reasonable for student at the moment :)

Get a Minolta 70-210mm f4.0 (aka beercan) if you can find one. Nice bokeh & colour. :thumbsup:

For tripod wise, you can try the PPCP V2. Price is very reasonable & it has served me well.

And how much would it be?

lol i'm looking for something reasonable for a student.
For my i don't really have specific budget because at times when i decide to spend i will.

But generally i want recommendation that are reasonable for student at the moment :)
just what is reasonable? i have seen student using 1DsMk2, carl zeiss 85/f1.4 probably meant cheap to them...

Ya... what is reasonable...
you can see student from our local uni driving posche to school....

just what is reasonable? i have seen student using 1DsMk2, carl zeiss 85/f1.4 probably meant cheap to them...

I don't really observe nor check market prices but here it goes.
300-600 for the lenses?second hand is alright.

i don't know the price for tripod.

Over to u guys!

Does higher focal lenght= more costly?
what about apeture?

By the way i saw the fireworks shots on your deviant and it was impressive.
May i have some guides?

I don't really observe nor check market prices but here it goes.
300-600 for the lenses?second hand is alright.

i don't know the price for tripod.

Over to u guys!
tripod can range from $$10 to over a thousand, but imho those $100+ should do the trick for most user.

Does higher focal lenght= more costly?
what about apeture?
comparing the lens of the same physical size, ultra wide angle are known to be more costly due to the design of the lens, the curvation has to be very precise engineered.

By the way i saw the fireworks shots on your deviant and it was impressive.
May i have some guides?
The settings are all there, rest goes to your creativity. :sweatsm:

tripod can range from $$10 to over a thousand, but imho those $100+ should do the trick for most user.

comparing the lens of the same physical size, ultra wide angle are known to be more costly due to the design of the lens, the curvation has to be very precise engineered.

The settings are all there, rest goes to your creativity. :sweatsm:

So how much does the Minolta 70-210mm f4.0 cost?
Min f4.0 or max?

What lenses did u use while taking the fireworks?

lol tripod $10?:sweat:

So how much does the Minolta 70-210mm f4.0 cost?
Min f4.0 or max?

What lenses did u use while taking the fireworks?

lol tripod $10?:sweat:
i don see why the lenses are importatnt for fireworks, even kit lens do perfectly for this kind of jobs as long as the focal length fit.

$10 tripod? y not, there many around in fujifilm/kodak printing shop... etc

i don see why the lenses are importatnt for fireworks, even kit lens do perfectly for this kind of jobs as long as the focal length fit.

$10 tripod? y not, there many around in fujifilm/kodak printing shop... etc

At $10,there seem to be a drawback...
When it come to newbies,the price seems hmm..:bsmilie:

For the firework,u did recording or simply set the shutter higher?

At $10,there seem to be a drawback...
When it come to newbies,the price seems hmm..:bsmilie:

For the firework,u did recording or simply set the shutter higher?
what is recording and what is shutter higher? i still stand by my statement of "rest goes to your creativity."

Status
Not open for further replies.